Wikipedia:Reviving the active admin corps
|This page is an essay, containing the advice or opinions of one or more Wikipedia contributors. Essays are not Wikipedia policies or guidelines. Some essays represent widespread norms; others only represent minority viewpoints.|
Reversing the decline of Wikipedia's active admin corps.
Over at Wikipedia_talk:Requests_for_adminship#Active_admins a consensus appears to be emerging that the moment has arrived for limited reform of RfA. This temporary project page is to help us achieve the various tasks that will be required if the over all undertaking is to be a success. At this early stage a plan is presented in broad outline form, with more discussion on the talk page.
1) Decide on whether we're presenting Coaching as the sole solution, or will suggest a package of reforms (the others likely to be much more minor).
2) Tweak Ballonman's plan for admin coaching over at Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Coaching_with_Tools
3) Confirm coaching is feasible by ideally finding 5 admins who will confirm they'll be coaches if the project goes live, and 5 prospective candidates (both of which can be done informally)
4) Prepare a quality consensus building presentation, which the crats have suggested should first be aired at the Village Pump: Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Draft_presentation_for_admin_reform
5) Solicit input from established editors with various perspectives to round off the plan.
6) Present to the wider community!