Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/June 8
< Wikipedia:Selected anniversariesJump to navigation Jump to search
- 632 - Muhammad, founder of Islam, died in Medina.
- 1887 - Herman Hollerith received a patent for his punch card calculator.
- 1949 - George Orwell's dystopian political novel Nineteen Eighty-Four was first published.
- 1953 - Flint-Worcester Tornadoes: A tornado hit Flint, Michigan, killing 115 people.
- 2004 - Ethiopian distance runner Kenenisa Bekele broke the world record for outdoor 10,000 m in Ostrava, Czech Republic.