Wikipedia:WikiProject Rugby union/Peer review/Edinburgh Rugby
As Edinburgh is one of Scotland's only two professional teams I feel it needs to be improved greatly. As a fairly new Wikipedian though I'm a little lost as to where to start. I've therefore submitted it to get a gauge from the more experienced among you on how to improve this. Cheers PeemJim86 (talk) 22:02, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
I have a few things that I can list. I'm not going to go into overwhelming detail, rather the broad stuff. If you want more detail do let me know:
- The lead needs to be expanded as per WP:LEAD. It's really too small for an article of this length.
- The History section could do with expansion; it doesn't really mention their playing history at all
at the moment.
- The International players section could maybe be renamed notable players and delisted. Maybe have a certain requirement for listing there, e.g. a certain number of games for the club etc.
- I would like to see a section on franchise records, both team and individual.
- A section on the team's ground(s) is required.
- A section on their name, colours, logo and so on would be good.
- The article lacks references. The references that are present are formatted in a variety of ways. It's better to have them all one format. I would recommend looking at WP:CITET and having inline citations.
- An image or two of the team playing would be great. Obviously free images aren't easy to find, but hopefully there is something out there.
That's all I have at the moment. You may want to have a look at Crusaders (rugby) for an FA quality article on a domestic rugby team. It should be able to give you some ideas. If you need any help let me know on my talk page. - Shudde talk 05:20, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- Cheers! Gives me somewhere to start. It'll be reasonably medium term project as I'm quite busy for the next 6 weeks or so. If anyone else fancies a bash in the meantime be my guest PeemJim86 (talk) 01:57, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
- Changed: It doesn't, I mentioned this in the project talk page. I'll change it to 1996, I was looking for a prod in this direction. I was going to change this unless someone could give me a source that the current franchise is linked to the old district side. PeemJim86 (talk) 23:12, 11 April 2008 (UTC)