Wikipedia:WikiProject Trains/ICC valuations/Pearl River Valley Railroad
The railroad of the Pearl River Valley Railroad Company, hereinafter called the carrier, is a single-track standard-gauge steam railroad, located in southeastern Mississippi. The main line extends from Nicholson northerly to end of track near Anderson, a distance of 17.335 miles. The carrier also owns 1.650 miles of yard tracks and sidings. Its road thus embraces 18.985 miles of all tracks owned.
- CORPORATE HISTORY
The carrier was incorporated May 22, 1917, under the general laws of the State of Mississippi for the purpose of constructing a railroad extending from Nicholson, in Pearl County, Miss., approximately 60 miles.
- DEVELOPMENT OF FIXED PHYSICAL PROPERTY
The owned mileage of the carrier, amounting to 17.335 miles, was acquired partly by purchase and partly by construction, as follows:
- Acquired by purchase from Crosby and Rowlands, Jan. 29, 1918, line of railroad from Nicholson, Miss., to Emery, Miss., which was, in turn, acquired by them, as follows: By construction, 4 miles; by purchase, 6 miles. The latter Includes a portion of the abandoned line of the Cybur, Gulf & Northwestern Railroad Company, 2.5 miles, and other line purchased, no details, 3.5 miles. The dates of construction of this mileage were not obtained from the records reviewed. The purchase from Crosby and Rowlands included about 13 miles of right of way north of the terminus of the completed line at Emery, Miss 10.000
- Acquired by construction:
- Emery, Miss., to Delton, Miss. This line was built on a portion of the 13 miles of right of way acquired as above described. The construction work was performed by the Crosby–Rowlands Construction Company, under contract, and completed about April, 1918. The Crosby–Rowlands Construction Company was affiliated with the carrier 5.000
- Delton, Miss., to a point near Anderson, Miss. This line was under construction on the date of valuation by the Crosby–Rowlands Construction Company on a portion of the 13 miles of right of way purchased as above described 2.300
- Total 17.300
- Difference between total recorded mileage and mileage inventoried as of date of valuation .035
- Mileage inventoried as of date of valuation 17.335
- HISTORY OF CORPORATE FINANCING