Wikipedia:WikiProject Video games/Peer review/Lemmings (video game)
I would like to start getting this high-importance VG article up in quality, and now that it's better sourced and written, start working it up the chain, so need feedback on anything that is glaringly wrong. --MASEM 14:29, 3 March 2008 (UTC)
- Lead: magazines don't praise with high review scores. "Inspire" and "port" cannot be used in the same sentence in this manner. Either the ports are new games inspired by Lemmings, and thus not ports, or are not new games in that sense, and are thus not inspired by Lemmings, but rather the same game.
- Gameplay: a small description (1-2 sentences) of what the environments are like beyond having entrances and exits would be useful, at the very start. Also, what is the difference between levels?
- Development. Who is Mike Dailly? Is his site the only source for the section?
- Ports: 1. The list in the second paragraph could use some condensing by summarising similar entries. For example, all the different TI calculator models can be summarised as "TI calculators" or even "calculators". Listing everything is the task of the comparison article linked above. 2. The DHTML port is called notable, but that statement is sourced to its official website...
- Reception: some more classic reviews with contemporary comments (as opposed to 'historical' comments noting the games' classic status) would be great.
- General: there must be a PD or Open Source lemmings somewhere, I gather. A free screenshot could be made of that.
- I've taken a pass at all of these except a PD/Open Source port picture... I'm not sure if we should/can use that to replace a screenshot since we usually don't include non-notable ports within WP. --MASEM 16:56, 3 March 2008 (UTC)