A small but growing group of researchers are carrying out quantitative studies of the content and community in wikis including Wikipedia. This project aims to bolster these efforts by establishing a coherent, community-driven framework for carrying out such research.
This goal can be partly satisfied by constructing and maintaining a publicly-available set of statistical metrics and datasets which will be of use to many members of research community.
TODO Queue --- currently scheduled activities.
- Establish an annotated bibliography of prior quantitative research on Wikipedia.
- Contact everyone who has done quantitative work on Wikipedia, in hopes that their experiences (and code) will inform our own work with the data.
- Construct a working set of stats to produce.
- Establish a list of statistics could be created with readership data, and describe procedures to safeguard privacy while analyzing various forms of readership data.
- Architectural details
- Code and scripts for working with the data
- Funding sources and proposals