Wikipedia:Women's Classical Committee/Events and Workshops
|Welcome||Aims||Discuss||Tools and guides||Events & Workshops||Resources|
The Women's Classical Committee is holding editing sessions online, normally on the 22nd of every month, from 1300-1500. It is an independent project steered by the WCC, run entirely by volunteers, and open to anyone interested in classics to take part.
Please see the list of pages (under the 'aims' tab) that are priorities for editing and add your name next to any you particularly wish to work on; otherwise simply pick one on the day that nobody else has. If you've ideas for other pages to add, or suggestions for improving editing sessions, please use the 'discussion' tab.
To ask for help and support, and be social, we have a chat-channel to use during edit sessions. You may connect to the chatroom by opening any IRC client, choosing a nickname, and entering the address: irc://freenode/wccwiki
or a standalone tool such as
If you don't want to install a client you can use the Freenode Webchat interface; simply choose a nickname and enter #WCCWiki in the channel field.
Please add the category Articles created or improved during Women's Classical Committee Wikipedia events to articles created as part of this project. This will help us keep track of all your great work.
The next scheduled editing session will take place on 22 January 2019 1-3pm online. There will also be meet-ups that week (we're trying to tie them together in different places at the same time), so keep an eye on here or search #WCCWiki on Twitter for updates.
Meanwhile editors are, as always, encouraged to continue editing whenever they have time - please do remember to update the list of pages created/updated!
Thanks to everyone who has taken part in the project this year - there's been a huge amount done and it's entirely due to your efforts.
- 23 November 2018, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 22 October 2018, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 20 September 2018, 12-5pm. Face-to-face training workshop at University College London. Booking information available here: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/classics/classics-news-publication/WCCWikiWorkshop2018. Or join us online 1-3pm on the chat channel (details above).
- 27 July 2018, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 22 June 2018, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 22 May 2018, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 28 March 2018. Editing session to celebrate International Women's Day. In conjunction with KCL's Medieval Women editathon https://medievalwomenwiki.wordpress.com/wikithon.
- 22 February 2018, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 22 January 2018, 1-3pm. Online editing session and informal meet-ups happening in London, Manchester and Oxford.
- 15 December 2017, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 22 November 2017, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 20 October 2017, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 15 September 2017, 10.00-18.00. WCC Wiki training day for new editors at Manchester University. All WCC Wiki editors are invited drop in on the chat channel (above) during the day.
- 21 July 2017, 1-3pm. Online editing session - NB sessions are on 22nd of the month where possible; when this falls on a weekend we usually discuss on Twitter #WCCWiki to find an alternative that suits most people, and post the date above under 'Next event'.
- 22 June 2017, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 22 May 2017, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 28 April 2017. Drop-in editing session held at Classical Association Annual Conference 2017, University of Kent, with online participants
- 22 March 2017, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 22 February 2017, 1-3pm. Online editing session.
- 23 January 2017 in-person editing.
- October 2014. In-person training organised by Claire Millington and Wikimedia UK, at Institute of Classical Studies, Senate House, University of London.