Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Correction and Detention Facilities
- 1 US and UK prisoners in German prisons
- 2 Hello? *echo*
- 3 Popular pages tool update
- 4 Leaflet for Wikiproject Correction and Detention Facilities at Wikimania 2014
- 5 Comments, advice, and assistance requested at Magdalene asylum
- 6 Draft article needs review: Draft:Prison hierarchy
- 7 Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
- 8 Mark DeFriest
- 9 South Texas Family Residential Center
- 10 WikiProject X is live!
- 11 Homan Square
- 12 Discussion at Talk:Fremantle Prison#Main Cell Block RFC
- 13 Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camp FAR
- 14 New pictures of US federal prisons at the BOP website
- 15 Transport of concentration camp inmates to Tyrol listed at Requested moves
- 16 Fremantle Prison FAC discussion
- 17 Article request: Joyce Ann Brown
- 18 Merge United States incarceration rate into Incarceration in the United States
US and UK prisoners in German prisons
Just curious who is still around and would be interested in reviving this WikiProject...? Skarz (talk) 23:36, 23 December 2013 (UTC) @Cdogsimmons, Myheartinchile, Jc128842, Rkevins, and Sarcelles: Tagging early members. Skarz (talk) 22:45, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
- @Skarz: Sorry for the delay. I've essentially semi-retired from editing for the moment. The demands of real life, etc. etc. I think it's a worthy project and I encourage you and anyone else to "be bold" and try reviving it. Best of luck. --Cdogsimmons (talk) 02:34, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
Popular pages tool update
As of January, the popular pages tool has moved from the Toolserver to Wikimedia Tool Labs. The code has changed significantly from the Toolserver version, but users should notice few differences. Please take a moment to look over your project's list for any anomalies, such as pages that you expect to see that are missing or pages that seem to have more views than expected. Note that unlike other tools, this tool aggregates all views from redirects, which means it will typically have higher numbers. (For January 2014 specifically, 35 hours of data is missing from the WMF data, which was approximated from other dates. For most articles, this should yield a more accurate number. However, a few articles, like ones featured on the Main Page, may be off).
Web tools, to replace the ones at tools:~alexz/pop, will become available over the next few weeks at toollabs:popularpages. All of the historical data (back to July 2009 for some projects) has been copied over. The tool to view historical data is currently partially available (assessment data and a few projects may not be available at the moment). The tool to add new projects to the bot's list is also available now (editing the configuration of current projects coming soon). Unlike the previous tool, all changes will be effective immediately. OAuth is used to authenticate users, allowing only regular users to make changes to prevent abuse. A visible history of configuration additions and changes is coming soon. Once tools become fully available, their toolserver versions will redirect to Labs.
If you have any questions, want to report any bugs, or there are any features you would like to see that aren't currently available on the Toolserver tools, see the updated FAQ or contact me on my talk page. Mr.Z-bot (talk) (for Mr.Z-man) 05:01, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
Leaflet for Wikiproject Correction and Detention Facilities at Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
The deadline for submissions is 1st July 2014
For more information or to sign up for one for your project, go to:
Adikhajuria (talk) 15:52, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
Comments, advice, and assistance requested at Magdalene asylum
It has been brought to my attention, that there is currently an ongoing debate on the Magdalene asylum article. This debate is occurring with User:Signedzzz and revolves around the neutrality of the article as a whole, but primarily with the section Magdalene asylum#Catholic perspective and there appears to be no immediate solution. I am appealing to see if there are people with better knowledge within the project to comment on the situation and possibly provide a solution. I have discussed the issue on the talk page, but to no avail. Here is a discussion about prior concerns being raised about the issue, you can also see my own contribution here. I am further concerned by the tone and nature of Signedzzz's edit's and am looking for guidance. Please provide some assistance on this issue. Jab843 (talk) 02:39, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
Draft article needs review: Draft:Prison hierarchy
- It's a two-sentence article, with the first sentence defining the concept and the second being encyclopedic content. I think it would be immediately tagged as a stub.
- The REF tags are misplaced -- they belong in the text, not in the References section. I think WP:MOSREF should describe the right way to do it, and I have fixed this per WP:SOFIXIT.
- My main reservation about the article is that most potential "facts" that can be added are likely to be contentious. Is prison culture similar enough from prison to prison worldwide that we can say anything meaningful about their social hierarchies?
- And that brings up the article name. It should be clear that this is not about the organizational structure of prison employees. So maybe "Prisoner hierarchy" or "Prison social hierarchy"?
- These aren't necessarily "killer" issues, but I think they should be considered before moving the article. Thundermaker (talk) 13:10, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:47, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
South Texas Family Residential Center
South Texas Family Residential Center is supposed to be the biggest in the USA now. But is it? Also, the coords. Please see Talk:South Texas Family Residential Center if you can help with these questions. Anna Frodesiak (talk) 11:11, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.
Discussion at Talk:Fremantle Prison#Main Cell Block RFC
You are invited to join the discussion at Talk:Fremantle Prison#Main Cell Block RFC. Is "Main Cell Block" a proper noun – i.e. should it be capitalised? Thanks. Evad37 [talk] 06:13, 22 March 2015 (UTC)
Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camp FAR
I have nominated Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camp for a featured article review here. Please join the discussion on whether this article meets featured article criteria. Articles are typically reviewed for two weeks. If substantial concerns are not addressed during the review period, the article will be moved to the Featured Article Removal Candidates list for a further period, where editors may declare "Keep" or "Delist" the article's featured status. The instructions for the review process are here. SandyGeorgia (Talk) 22:15, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
New pictures of US federal prisons at the BOP website
Hey guys! The BOP website at http://bop.gov has new pictures of federal prisons that are higher quality than the ones before. As we know, usually pictures on US federal government websites are public domain. Would somebody mind uploading them to the Commons?
Transport of concentration camp inmates to Tyrol listed at Requested moves
A requested move discussion has been initiated for Transport of concentration camp inmates to Tyrol to be moved to Transport of concentration camp inmates to South Tyrol. This page is of interest to this WikiProject and interested members may want to participate in the discussion here. —RMCD bot 23:16, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
Fremantle Prison FAC discussion
You are invited to join the discussion at Wikipedia:Featured article candidates/Fremantle Prison/archive3. Thanks. Evad37 [talk] 15:08, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
Article request: Joyce Ann Brown
I just read this interesting article in The New York Times on Joyce Ann Brown. I am surprised there is no wikipedia article on her and thought I might inspire someone to create an article by putting a message on this page. Best.4meter4 (talk) 04:46, 20 June 2015 (UTC)
Per Wikipedia:Proposed mergers I am asking the relevant project (this one) for people to comment here:
- Talk:Incarceration in the United States#Suggest merging United States incarceration rate into this article. --Timeshifter (talk) 23:23, 4 August 2015 (UTC)