|Known for||Information Society, T-4-2, T42|
Will Loconto is a musician, composer, and producer based in Austin, Texas. He is the lead vocalist/songwriter for the U.S. band T42, was a keyboardist for the band Information Society, and has composed music for various video game soundtracks including Daikatana.
Loconto left Information Society to work for Dallas-based computer game developer Ion Storm as a sound designer and composer. He was part of the initial design team for the game John Romero’s Daikatana. He left Ion Storm in November 1998 and co-founded PC and video game developer Third Law Interactive, distributed by publishing company Gathering of Developers the same year. Through Third Law Interactive, Loconto developed sound and music for Kiss: Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child.
In 2001, he founded Will Loconto Music and Sound, and audio production company for games, television, and film.
T42 reunited in 2011 to release the album Voltage! and play several live shows. In August 2017, T42 released Hot On Top (Remastered), a remastered version of the 1989 cassette that led to their signing with Columbia Records. Decoder, their first new music since 1992 was released in October 2017. As of 2019, T42 is still playing live shows.
Honors, decorations, awards and distinctions
|2009||Game Audio Network Guild Awards||Finalist||Best Original Instrumental||"The Heist" - Pictureka Museum Mayhem|
|2011||Hollywood Music in Media Awards||Finalist||Best Original Score for Video Game||Rage (with Assaf Rinde and Rod Abernethy)|
|2014||Hollywood Music in Media Awards||Finalist||Contemporary Christian/Gospel||"It's Gonna Be a Good Day" - Drew Haley and Will Loconto|
|2014||14th Annual Independent Music Awards||Finalist||Contemporary Christian/Gospel||"It's Gonna Be a Good Day" - Drew Haley and Will Loconto|
|2017||Hollywood Music in Media Awards||Finalist||EDM||"#Conspiracy (feat. Kurt Harland Larson)" - Aural Imperative|
|2018||Hollywood Music in Media Awards||Finalist||Lyrics/Lyricist||"Castaways (feat. Tiger Darrow)" - Interwebz - Will Loconto|
|2018||Hollywood Music in Media Awards||Finalist||Vocal (Female)||"Castaways (feat. Tiger Darrow)" - Interwebz|
|1999||Dominion: Storm Over Gift 3||Music and Sound|
|2000||KISS: Psycho Circus - The Nightmare Child||Audio Designer|
|2000||American McGee's Alice||Sound|
|2001||Elite Forces: WWII Normandy||Sound|
|2001||WWII: Iwo Jima||Music|
|2001||Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance||Music|
|2001||The Operative: No One Lives Forever GOTY Edition||Music and Sound|
|2002||Run Like Hell||Songs|
|2002||Mini Golf Master 2||Music|
|2002||Arthur's Quest: Battle for the Kingdom||Sound Designer|
|2002||Aliens vs. Predator 2: Primal Hunt||Sound Design|
|2004||Pitfall: The Lost Expedition||Additional Sound Design|
|2004||Champions of Norrath||Water’s Edge Credits Remix|
|2006||X-Men: The Official Game||Music and Sound|
|2006||Rayman Raving Rabbids||Musical Arrangements|
|2006||American McGee Presents: Bad Day LA||Sound Effects|
|2006||Over the Hedge: Hammy Goes Nuts||Audio|
|2007||Lanfeust de Troy||Musician|
|2007||WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008||Audio|
|2007||Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa||Audio|
|2008||The Incredible Hulk||Sound Effects|
|2008||Pictureka! Museum Mayhem||Sound and Music|
|2009||Treasure World||Sound design|
|2011||Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone||Music|
|2011||Rage||Additional Cinematic Musical Score|
|2012||The Ville||Launch Team - Audio|
|2016||Chronos||Outsource Partner - Audio|
|1989||Hot On Top||T42||Triangle Music|
|1990||Don't Let My Love (Push You Away) - Single||T42||Oak Lawn Records|
|1992||Desire - Single||T42||Columbia|
|1992||Let Me Go - Single||T42||Columbia|
|2008||Best of the Best: A Tribute to Game Music||Various Artists||Game Music Central|
|2011||Voltage!||T42||A Different Drum|
|2017||Hot On Top (Remastered)||T42||Triangle Music|
- Kushner, David (2004). Masters of Doom: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed Pop Culture. Random House Trade Paperbacks. ISBN 0812972155. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "How do game developers hack it?". March 7, 2000. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "T42 Biography". Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "Anything Box: "A Change in My Destiny" For '90s Synth Stars". October 7, 2011. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "Stormy weather". January 14, 1999. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- Kushner, David (September 1, 1999). "Exposure Digital: Ol' Dirty Bastard: The Game". Spin. 15 (9): 92.
- "A Composers Perspective on Game Audio - Choice Notions". April 13, 2011. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "T42 Discography". Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "T-4-2 – Hot On Top Remastered".
- "New Wave Was New, Then Old, and Now It's New Again — and T-4-2 Knows All About It".
- "New Wave Music Resurgence Gains Strength as Channel 69 Plays First Show in 27 Years".
- "LittleBigPlanet snags eight nominations in GANG audio awards". February 17, 2009. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "Will Loconto". Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "HMMA Nomination - Rage". October 20, 2011. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "July 2014 Music Genre Nominees". July 2014. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "14th Annual Independent Music Awards Nominees Announced!". March 2015. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- "HMMA 2017 Nominees".
- "HMMA 2018 Nominees".
- "Mobygames - Will Loconto Game Credits". Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "Giant Bomb - Will Loconto Game Credits". Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "Game Music Central Presents "Best of the Best: A Tribute To Game Music". June 4, 2007. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "Discogs - T-4-2 Hot On Top Remastered".