William Addison (chess player)
- For others named William Addison, see the William Addison navigation page
He played in the U.S. Chess Championships of 1962–63, 1963–64, 1965, 1966, and 1969. He took second place with 7.5/11 behind Samuel Reshevsky in the 1969 US Championship and qualified for the 1970 Interzonal at Palma de Mallorca, where he finished 18th. He represented the United States in the Chess Olympiads of 1964 and 1966 (team silver medal). His last published FIDE Elo rating was 2490 and his USCF rating was 2595.
- William G Addison vs Donald Byrne (1963) US Championship 1963, King's Indian Defense: Fianchetto Variation. Immediate Fianchetto (E60), 1-0
- William G Addison vs Robert James Fischer (1965) New York ch-US 1965, Nimzo-Indian Defense: Normal. Bronstein (Byrne) Variation (E45), 1/2-1/2
- Robert James Fischer vs William G Addison (1966) New York ch-US 1966, Spanish Game: Open Variations (C80), 1/2-1/2
- "The chess games of William G Addison". ChessGames.com. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Men's Chess Olympiads: William Addison". OlimpBase. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- Mirijanian, George. "In Memoriam: William G. Addison" (PDF). ChessJournalism.org. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Mechanics' Institute Chess Room Newsletter #38: William Addison". Chessdryad.com. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
|This biographical article relating to an American chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|