William Herbert Dray
Jump to navigation Jump to search
William H. Dray
|Born||23 June 1921|
|Died||6 August 2009(aged 87)|
|Occupation||Writer, Philosopher, Professor|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto (BA)|
Oxford University (BA, MA, DPhil)
- Dray, William H. "Laws and explanation in history." (1957).
- Dray, William H. History as re-enactment: RG Collingwood's idea of history. Clarendon Press, 1999.
- Dray, William H. "Philosophy of history." (1966).
- Dray, William H. "Holism and individualism in history and social science." (1967).
- Dray, William H. "On the nature and role of narrative in historiography." History and theory 10.2 (1971): 153-171.
- Dray, William H. On history and philosophers of history. Vol. 2. Brill, 1989.
- Official page
- Michael Martin, Verstehen: The Uses of Understanding in the Social Sciences (2000), p. 103.