William Land Park
William Land was a pioneer who built the Western Hotel at the NE corner of 2nd and K St in 1875 (California Historical Landmark #601). There is an elementary school named after him. He is buried in a Greek temple mausoleum within East Lawn Memorial Cemetery in Sacramento. William Land was a founder of the East Lawn Memorial Cemetery.
There are several city attractions located within the park including:
- The Sacramento Zoo
- Fairytale Town, a park which has play equipment designed to represent articles from various fairy tales and nursery rhymes (there is a small admission fee).
- The William Land Golf Course 
- Funderland, a small park with several carnival like rides primarily for very young children.
"Land Park" can also refer to the surrounding neighborhood.
- Vic's Ice Cream - landmark restaurant in the neighborhood.
William Land Park was mentioned in Sir Mix-A-Lot's 1992 rap song "A Rapper's Reputation".
- "William Land Park Photo Page". City of Sacramento, Department of Parks and Recreation. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "William Land Park Amenity Guide". City of Sacramento, Department of Parks and Recreation. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Fairytale Town website". Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "William Land Golf Course". The First Tee of Greater Sacramento. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Funderland website". Retrieved 2009-05-11.
|This article about an amusement ride or roller coaster is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|