William Mark Simmons
|Wm. Mark Simmons|
Author Wm. Mark Simmons in his study in 2007
February 20, 1953 |
|Occupation||Broadcaster, actor, journalist and novelist|
|Genre||Fantasy, speculative fiction, science fiction, humor, horror|
Simmons has worked as a journalist, educator, entertainer, and broadcaster, spending more than 30 years in the latter category working in classical music formats for National Public Radio affiliates.
Although he garnered awards as a journalist in his twenties, he did not turn his talents to long-form fiction until his late thirties, publishing his first novel in 1990. A Compton Crook Award finalist, he made Locus Magazine's "Best Lists" in 1991.
A member of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA), Simmons presently lives in Hutchinson, Kansas where he is the Music Director and Classical Morning host for the Radio Kansas network.
The Dreamland Chronicles
- In the Net of Dreams (1990, ISBN 0-445-21016-8) (Compton Crook Award finalist; LOCUS Best List, 1991)
- When Dreams Collide (1992, ISBN 0-446-36154-2)
- The Woman of His Dreams (2002)
Anthologised as The Dreamland Chronicles (ISBN 1-892065-60-6) in 2002.
Chris Cséjthe (Half/Life) series
- One Foot in the Grave (1996, ISBN 0-671-87721-6)
- Dead on My Feet (2003, ISBN 0-7434-3610-5 hardcover, ISBN 1-4165-0910-0 trade paperback)
- Habeas Corpses (2005, ISBN 1-4165-0913-5)
- Dead Easy (2007, ISBN 1-4165-2132-1 hardback)
Pathfinder (serialized in episodic novellas)
- Pathfinder I (2007, ISBN 1-893687-75-9 chapbook)
- PerSimmons — official website
- Bibliography at SciFan
- Wm Mark Simmons at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database