|1970s and 1980s||Limerick|
He is the brother of Limerick hurler Paudie Fitzmaurice.
The Fitzmaurice brothers were noted for their unusual hurling technique. When striking the sliotar, the Fitzmaurice brothers did not bend their elbows. This made it difficult for the players of opposing teams to hook them.
- Munster Senior Hurling Teams - Munster GAA Web Site
- Irish Sport News, April 25, 1998
- Irish Sport News, October 15, 1998
- The Munster Express Online » Archive » From Moyross to the Dunmore Road!
- Irish Examiner - 2008/03/26: Hit-and-run pictures ‘intensified pain and loss’
- The Limerick Blogger - latest Limerick news and Limerick events » Blog Archive » New twist in Vernarelli Hit-and-run case
- YouTube - 1980 All-Ireland Hurling Final Galway Limerick 1st half
- YouTube - 1980 All-Ireland Hurling Final Galway Limerick 2nd half
|This Munster hurling biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|