Wiltshire Farm Foods
Wiltshire Farm Foods is a frozen meals delivery company that specialises in delivering frozen ready meals to customers' homes throughout the United Kingdom. The majority of the business is operated on a local or regional basis by some sixty franchisees. Uniformed drivers in liveried refrigerated vehicles deliver pre-ordered meals to private clients, who typically are aged over 70. The drivers offer a freezer packing service to frail customers who find it difficult to perform tasks such as bending. They have a series of television adverts that promote their meals, using the slogan "delicious meals to your door".
Meals are offered from a number of menus, which include low fat and special diet options: dairy-free, gluten-free, diabetic, Asian halal, kosher etc. Full nutritional information is provided and information is accessible in hard copy, audio form and at their website.
Some franchises can arrange demonstrations for clubs, sheltered housing associations, hospitals, etc.
According to the Apetito website:
- Apetito operate a private frozen meal delivery service — Wiltshire Farm Foods. The company, originally named "The Waldens Wiltshire Foods Limited" and based in Trowbridge, was purchased by Apetito in 1995. Wiltshire Farm Foods specialise in delivering frozen ready meals to private customers throughout the United Kingdom.
- The company offers over 200 different ready to reheat frozen meals, including vegetarian, gluten-free and diabetic. The service is intended mainly for elderly or disabled people, but can be used by anybody who would prefer to have meals delivered direct to their home.
According to the Companies House website Wiltshire Farm Foods Limited (company number 01947697) is a dormant company.
- Becoming a Wiltshire Farm Foods Franchisee, apetito.co.uk Archived February 3, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Franchise Marketing Awards Finalists". thefranchisemagazine.net.
- "WFF Franchise Marketing Awards 2009". pressreleasepoint.com.
- "Wiltshire Farm Foods - (SEO) Case Study". Coastdigital.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- Guide-information Gloucestershire, 31 May 2007. Retrieved on 3 September 2008.