Wim Van Grembergen
Willy (Wim) Van Grembergen (born 1947) is a Belgian organizational theorist and Professor of Information Systems Management at the University of Antwerp, and Academic Director of the IT Alignment and Governance Research Institute., known for his work on IT governance. His recent book on IT Governance: "Enterprise governance of information technology: Achieving strategic alignment and value", Springer, 2009.
Van Grembergen received his PhD in Applied Economics. After graduation he started his academic career as guest professor at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. He was faculty member at the Stellenbosch University and the Institute of Business Studies in Moscow.
Back at the University of Antwerp early 1980s Van Grembergen started as lecturer in Business informatics and academic coordinator of the master programs IT-audit, and was Academic Director of the MBA Program from 1989 to 1995. Eventually he was appointed Professor of Information Systems Management and Chair of the Information Systems Management Department at the University of Antwerp, Economics and Management Faculty. Among his PhD students was Steven De Haes. He was also associated with the Antwerp Management School.
- Michel Daulie and Willy Van Grembergen. Ontwikkeling van administratieve systemen in BASIC. Malle : De Sikkel. 1985.
- Van Grembergen, Wim, ed. Strategies for information technology governance. Igi Global, 2004.
Articles, a selection:
- Van Grembergen, Wim, and Rik Van Bruggen. "Measuring and improving corporate information technology through the balanced scorecard." The Electronic Journal of Information Systems Evaluation 1.1 (1997).
- Van Grembergen, Wim, Steven De Haes, and Erik Guldentops. "Structures, processes and relational mechanisms for IT governance." Strategies for information technology governance 2.004 (2004): 1-36.
- De Haes, Steven, and Wim Van Grembergen. "IT governance structures, processes and relational mechanisms: achieving IT/business alignment in a major Belgian financial group." System Sciences, 2005. HICSS'05. Proceedings of the 38th Annual Hawaii International Conference on. IEEE, 2005.
- Van Grembergen, Wim. "Introduction to the Minitrack." System Sciences, 2007. HICSS 2007. 40th Annual Hawaii International Conference on. IEEE, 2007.
- Wim Van Grembergen, Universiteit Antwerpen. Accessed October 7, 2013.
- Webb, Phyl, Carol Pollard, and Gail Ridley. "Attempting to define IT governance: wisdom or folly?." System Sciences, 2006. HICSS'06. Proceedings of the 39th Annual Hawaii International Conference on. Vol. 8. IEEE, 2006.
- Chand, Donald, et al. "A balanced scorecard based framework for assessing the strategic impacts of ERP systems." Computers in industry 56.6 (2005): 558-572.
- Economisch en sociaal tijdschrift. Vol. 37 (1983). p. 231
- Wim Van Grembergen resume at ua.ac.be
- Dissertation Abstracts International: The humanities and social sciences. 2008
- Wim Van Grembergen (2004) Strategies for Information Technology Governance. p. 382
- Van Grembergen, Wim (173) at anet.ua.ac.be. Accessed October 7, 2013.
- Wim Van Grembergen at Google Scholar.
- Van Grembergen, W. (Willy ; 1947-) List of publications at National Library of the Netherlands.
- Wim Van Grembergen at The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography.
- Wim Van Grembergen, Universiteit Antwerpen