Wind Music (record label)
|Genre||Taiwanese music, Chinese music|
|Country of origin||Taiwan|
|Location||New Taipei City|
Wind Music (Chinese: 風潮音樂; pinyin: Fēngcháo Yīnyuè), formerly Wind Records is an independent record label based in New Taipei City, Taiwan specializing in traditional Taiwanese and Chinese music. The company has recorded a number of collections of documentary recordings, notably of the music of the minority peoples of Taiwan and China.
The company was founded in 1988 by flautist Ken Yang (Chinese: 楊錦聰; pinyin: Yáng Jǐncōng). Wind Music artists include musicians from both China and Taiwan, as well other countries. Wind Music's output is classified into six categories: traditional Chinese instrumental music, Chinese health music, ethnic music, Chinese religious music including Buddhist music, Chinese new-age music/Chinese ambient music, and Wind's popular collections.
Wind has recorded projects by artists such as Matthew Lien and founder Ken Yang himself.
- About Us at Wind Music official website
- Wind Music official website (in English)
- Wind Music official website (in Chinese)
- "Wind Records is Taiwan’s most successful alternative music label." By Cheryl Robbins. Taiwan Formula. March 2003.
- "An Exclusive Interview with Wind Records General Manager Ken Yang" with Rachel Chiou, translated by Cheryl Robbins.
- "Matthew Lien - An Arctic Musician Strikes a Warm Chord with Taiwan." Sinorama. November 1999. p. 102.
|This article about a Taiwanese record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|