Windfall (1955 film)
Original Australian daybill
|Directed by||Henry Cass|
|Produced by||Robert S. Baker
|Screenplay by||John Gilling|
|Edited by||Maurice Rootes|
Mid Century Film Productions
|Distributed by||Eros Films(UK)|
|February 1955 (UK)|
Windfall is a 1955 British comedy film written by John Gilling and directed by Henry Cass, starring Lionel Jeffries, Jack Watling and Gordon Jackson. Dad's Army star Arthur Lowe also makes a brief appearance in the film.The film was also released as Dangerous Money.
The lives of shop assistant Arthur Lee and his family are transformed when he finds £2,000 on top of a bus. Arthur's daughter's dodgy boy friend steals the money, but lands in trouble when it's discovered to be counterfeit. Things turn out well for Arthur when the resulting publicity gives a boost to his business.
- Lionel Jeffries as Arthur Lee
- Jack Watling as John Lee
- Gordon Jackson as Leonard
- Avice Landone as Mary Lee
- Brian Worth as Michael Collins
- Patricia Owens as Connie Lee
- Cyril Chamberlain as Clarkson
- "Windfall". BFI.
- "Actor Brian Worth reclines with a newspaper during the filming of... News Photo - Getty Images".
- "Windfall". TV Guide.
|This article related to a British comedy film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|