Wise Up (TV series)
Wise Up was a factual children's television series broadcast for nine series on Sunday mornings between 1995 and 2000 on Channel 4 (UK) and T4. It was produced by Carlton Productions and nominated for a BAFTA in 1996. As part of the 25th Anniversary of Channel 4, Wise Up was featured in the Radio Times. As well as reports, there were also regular features such as a feature called Knowing Me, Knowing You. It led to the formation of Wised Up Productions involving Mick Robertson and Simon Morris. In point of fact Simon Morris did not contribute to Wise Up. He did however contribute to the catalogue of programmes produced by WisedUp an independent production company. It was similar to a BBC programme called Ipso Facto. In December 1999 there was an hour-long special called Wise Up: Teenagers On The Line in which a 15-year-old girl traveled from London to Paris and Bamako to explore teenage life in different countries each on the Greenwich Meridian Line. The programme was directed by Martin Wallace and nominated for a Children's BAFTA in 2000.
|BAFTA||Nominated for Best Children’s Programme – factual||Children’s factual||Children’s factual||Nominated for Best Children’s Programme – factual|
|Emmy Award||Children & Young people||Children & Young people||Children & Young people|
|Prix Europa||Television Programme of the Year 1995 – Youth Category||SPECIAL COMMENDATIONS – Youth Category:|
|Royal Television Society||Factual|
-  Archived 3 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- BFI | Film & TV Database | WISE UP. Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- [dead link]
- Help me?! old 90's tv shows name!?. Forums.doyouremember.co.uk. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Morris, Simon. (2007-08-09) Simon Morris-Producer: Nickelodeon-Bullying Special (BAFTA nominated). Simonmorris.blogspot.com. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Mick Robertson - Exec Producer Wise Up. Mick Robertson Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- BFI | Film & TV Database | IPSO FACTO. Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- sausageNet Nostalgia Forums – Ipso facto. Sausagenet.org (15 January 2007). Retrieved on 20 October 2011.