Wojciech Rychlik is a biologist and photographer, born in Poland and living in the USA since 1980. Rychlik received his Ph.D. in 1980 from the Polish Academy of Sciences. Currently, he is a president of Molecular Biology Insights, Inc. located in Cascade, Colorado.
The main focus of Rychlik's research was PCR primer design. He is known for developing the OLIGO Primer Analysis Software., the first software optimizing conditions for PCR. Before moving to the industry sector in 1991, he was instrumental in discovery of human protein synthesis initiation factor eIF-4 mRNA  working as Assistant Res. Professor at the University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky.
Rychlik is a nature photographer, member of the Photographic Society of America. In 2007 and 2008 he was the top-ranked exhibitor in PSA stereo electronic section. As a photographer he is better known as Wojtek Rychlik, who published books about Colorado Mountains. His first book was a 230-page atlas of mountain lakes in Colorado's Sangre de Cristo Mountains, "Lakes of the Sangres", and the most significant was a catalog of Front Range Mountains, a 572-page atlas "Eagle’s View of the Front Range". Some others are included in the References section.
- Rychlik W (April 1995). "Selection of primers for polymerase chain reaction". Mol. Biotechnol. 3 (2): 129–34. PMID 7620973. doi:10.1007/BF02789108.
- Rychlik W (January 1995). "Priming efficiency in PCR". BioTechniques. 18 (1): 84–6, 88–90. PMID 7702859.
- Rychlik W, Spencer WJ, Rhoads RE (November 1990). "Optimization of the annealing temperature for DNA amplification in vitro". Nucleic Acids Res. 18 (21): 6409–12. PMC . PMID 2243783. doi:10.1093/nar/18.21.6409.
- Rychlik W, Rhoads RE (November 1989). "A computer program for choosing optimal oligonucleotides for filter hybridization, sequencing and in vitro amplification of DNA". Nucleic Acids Res. 17 (21): 8543–51. PMC . PMID 2587212. doi:10.1093/nar/17.21.8543.
- Rychlik W (2007). "OLIGO 7 primer analysis software". Methods Mol. Biol. Methods in Molecular Biology. 402: 35–60. ISBN 978-1-58829-725-9. PMID 17951789. doi:10.1007/978-1-59745-528-2_2.
- Rychlik, W., Domier, L. L., Gardner, P. R., Hellmann, G. M., and Rhoads R. E. (1987) Amino Acid Sequence of the mRNA Cap-binding Protein From Human Tissues; Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 84, 945-949.
- Rychlik, W (2010) Lakes of the Sangres; Pikes Peak Photo, Cascade, CO; ISBN 978-0-9842554-1-2
- Rychlik, W (2013) Eagle’s View of the Front Range, a 572-pages atlas; Mother's House Publishing, Colorado Springs, CO; ISBN 978-1-61888-070-3
- Rychlik, W (2010) Lakes of the Sangres in 3D; Pikes Peak Photo, Cascade, CO; ISBN 978-0-9842554-5-0
- Rychlik, W (2012) Eagle's View of the Mosquito and Gore Ranges; Mother's House Publishing, Colorado Springs, CO; ISBN 978-1-61888-024-6
- Rychlik, W (2011) Eagle’s View of the Sangres: The West Side; Mother's House Publishing, Colorado Springs, CO; ISBN 978-1-61888-009-3
- Rychlik, W (2010) Eagle’s View of the Sangres; Pikes Peak Photo, Cascade, CO; ISBN 978-0-9842554-3-6
|This article about a Polish photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|