|Wolfgang Gerhard Herbert Steinert|
Wolfgang Steinert at his retirement party,
May 8, 1940|
|Died||April 22, 2010(aged 69)|
Wolfgang Gerhard Herbert Steinert (May 8, 1940 – April 22, 2010) was a German electrical engineer.
After studying at RWTH Aachen University and Darmstadt University of Technology he worked for the Verband Deutscher Elektrotechniker (VDE) from 1968 to 2000. As a testing engineer he was head of the test laboratory of the VDE from 1971 until 1993 (thus among other things responsible for assigning the VDE f-mark according to Postal Decree 171/1967 and implementing the German Law on Radio Interference of 1978). Being a "competent body" within the framework of the German EMC Law of 1992 from 1993 until his retirement in 2000, he acted as an intermediary between the rules of the European and German authorities and the need of the manufacturers of electric devices for reliable market access. Furthermore he contributed to the work of several standardization committees (including DKE/K 761; head of the German delegation to CISPR/A).
Wolfgang Steinert got married in 1970 and had one son. In 2010 he died due to colorectal cancer.
Publications in German, e.g.
- Begrenzung von Funkstörungen, von Beeinflussungen und von Rückwirkungen. In: Einführung in das VDE-Vorschriftenwerk / hrsg. von Alfred Warner. Berlin 1983 (VDE-Schriftenreihe ; 50). ISBN 3-8007-1252-0
and English, e.g.
- Standards and Regulations (comparing FCC 15.J - computing devices/1979, CISPR 11, 14 and VDE 0871, 0875). In: EMC Technology & Interference Control News 2 (1983), p. 10. ISSN 0278-4270.
- Diploma thesis (1968): Funkstörungen durch Rundsteueranlagen ("Electromagnetic interferences caused by load management systems"), proposed by the FTZ (Central Telecommunications Office, then among other areas responsible for research on radio interference)
- ABlPost no. 27 (6 March 1967), p. 281, based on the German Law on High Frequency Devices, 9 August 1949 (WiGBl. S. 235) and making obligatory VDE 0875 as of 1 January 1971; see also Postal Decree 1115/1982, ABlPost no. 158 (13 December 1982), p. 1707 relating to DIN 57 871/VDE 0871
- FunkStörG, 4 August 1978 (BGBl. I p. 1180), transposing Council Directives 76/889/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to radio interference caused by electrical household appliances, portable tools and similar equipment and 76/890/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the suppression of radio interference with regard to fluorescent lighting luminaires fitted with starters
- EMVG, 9 November 1992 (BGBl. I p. 1864), transposing Council Directive 89/336/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to electromagnetic compatibility; cf. list of EMC Competent Bodies