Women of the Gulag
|Women of the Gulag|
|Directed by||Marianna Yarovskaya|
|Produced by||Marianna Yarovskaya|
Paul Roderick Gregory
|Written by||Marianna Yarovskaya|
|Music by||Mark Adler|
Women of the Gulag is a 2018 US short documentary film directed by Marianna Yarovskaya. and based on the book Women of the Gulag: Stories of Five Remarkable Lives by Paul Roderick Gregory (2013).
A collection of unique and candid interviews with women who survived the Stalin's repression of the 1930s. The film was shot for five years, the team found its six heroines in the most diverse and remote corners of the former Soviet Union – in Ural, Far East, Sukhumi, and Moscow Oblast. Today, these women are deeply over eighty, but they continue to live and for each of them it was very important to tell their own story.
- Women of the Gulag at the mayfilms.com
- Oscars: Film Academy Narrows the List of Contenders in Nine Categories // Variety
- A Look in the Mirror: A Conversation with Marianna Yarovskaya About 'Women of the Gulag' // Los Angeles Review of Books
- Women of the Gulag at the International Documentary Association
- Russian-American film 'Women of the GULAG' hit the short list of Oscar nominations // Echo of Moscow