World Development Indicators
World Development Indicators (WDI) is the primary World Bank collection of development indicators, compiled from officially recognized international sources. It presents the most current and accurate global development data available, and includes national, regional and global estimates. This statistical reference includes over 800 indicators covering more than 150 economies. The annual publication is released in April of each year. The online database is updated three times a year.
Accessing the data
The World Bank’s Open Data site provides access to the WDI database free of charge to all users. A selection of WDI data is featured at data.worldbank.org. Users can browse the data by Country, Indicators, Topics, and Data Catalog. WDI is the first source listed in the catalog and can be accessed directly via Data Bank.
The Economic and Social Data Service (ESDS) provides the macro-economic datasets free of charge for registered members of UK higher and further education institutions.
- Global Development Finance
- Global Economic Prospects
- Africa Development Indicators
- ESDS International
- World Economic Outlook
- World bank, data and statistics website, retrieved March 6, 2011
- World Development Indicators, latest edition, retrieved March 6, 2011
- World Bank Open Data, retrieved March 6, 2011
- World Data Bank, retrieved March 6, 2011
- Google - public data "World Development Indicators (subset)", retrieved March 6, 2011
- Online Analysis Tool for World Development Indicators
- List of Global Development Indexes and Rankings