World Journal of Gastroenterology
|China National Journal of New Gastroenterology|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|World J. Gastroenterol.|
|Edited by||Ferruccio Bonino|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial|
World Journal of Gastroenterology is a weekly peer-reviewed open access medical journal that covers research in gastroenterology. It was established in 1995 and is published by Baishideng Publishing Group. The editor-in-chief is Ferruccio Bonino (University of Pisa).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
In 2004, the journal was delisted from the Journal Citation Reports for excessive self-citation, but it was restored to this index in 2008, at which time its impact factor was determined to be 2.081. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 2.433, ranking it 36th out of 74 journals in the category "Gastroenterology and Hepatology".
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "World Journal of Gastroenterology: WJG". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- Monastersky, Richard (October 14, 2005). "The number that's devouring science: The impact factor, once a simple way to rank scientific journals, has become an unyielding yardstick for hiring, tenure, and grants". Chronicle of Higher Education 52 (9). p. A12.
- Davis, Phil (October 17, 2011), "Gaming the impact factor puts journal in time-out", The Scholarly Kitchen (blog).
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Gastroenterology and Hepatology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.