World Migration Organization
The World Migration Organization (WMO) is a proposed international organization to provide information and analysis on global (im)migration issues. It would be similar to the World Trade Organization and operate in the United Nations system.
The organization has been proposed by academics and researchers such as Professor Jagdish Bhagwati and Arthur Helton and discussed by organizations such as the Global Commission on International Migration (GCIM), the International Organization for Migration (IOM), the World Bank and others.
- Wickramasekara, Dr. Piyasiri. "The Views of the International Labor Organization". Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20110726082139/http://www.gcim.org/mm/File/TS%208b.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 26, 2011. Retrieved August 6, 2011. Missing or empty
- "Canada Immigration News - News Briefs – World Migration Organization Proposed". Cicnews.com. 2003-10-31. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "Europe and Central Asia - Migration in ECA: Challenges". Web.worldbank.org. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "World Migration Organization? - Migration News | Migration Dialogue". Migration.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
|This article about an international organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|