Xavier Gagnepain (born 1960) is a French contemporary classical cellist.
He began a double career as a soloist and chamber musician. He is invited by renowned orchestras of the European scene (the London Symphony Orchestra, the Sofia Radio Orchestra, the Moscow Soloists), plays regularly with the pianist Hortense Cartier-Bresson,"Xavier GAGNEPAIN" (PDF). and is the cellist of the Rosamonde Quartet (laureate of the Concours International of Évian in 1983 with the Prix d'interprétation de compositeurs modernes and the Prix spécial du Jury international des critiques and First Prize of the international competition of string quartets of the Union des Radios Européennes in Salzbourg in 1986).
In 1996, Xavier Gagnepain was the first to perform in concert the 12 pieces on the name of Paul Sacher, contemporary repertoire for cello solo, famous for its difficulty. His discography includes both concertos and chamber music ranging from duets to sextets.
Xavier Gagnepain teaches at the conservatoire à rayonnement régional de Boulogne-Billancourt.
- Xavier Gagnepain on Festival music alp
- Xavier Gagnepain on Festival des Arcs
- Xavier Gagnepain on Orchestre régional de Normandie
- Xavier Gagnepain on Académie Internationale d'été de Nice online
- Xavier Gagnepain on Quatuor Rosamonde
- Haydn: Concierto violonchelo en Do M. Xavier Gagnepain. "Camerata Aragón" (1/3) on YouTube