|Launched||1 May 2012
(as TV channel)
6 May 2012
(as an online broadcast network)
|Closed||5 May 2014 (as a TV channel)|
|Sister channel(s)||Antena 3
Antena 3 HD
Xplora is a Spanish TV channel online owned by Atresmedia. The channel started broadcasting on 1 May 2012, replacing laSexta2 due its low ratings and 5 May 2014 ceased broadcasting in DTT and it went on to broadcast only online.
The channel ceased broadcasting on 5 May 2014 in DTT, as a consecuence of a sentence by the Supreme Court that annulled the concessions for nine channels broadcasting in DTT, because their permissions for frequencies were granted without the required public consensus and assignments system according to the Audiovisual Law.
Since 6 May 2014 the channel broadcast only online via Atresplayer.
- "Noticias de TV digital - mundoplus.tv". Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "laSexta ultima el lanzamiento de Xplora, su nuevo canal de documentales "para gente curiosa"". Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Xplora, un nuevo canal de documentales, sustituye a laSexta2". Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- 20Minutos. "El Supremo ordena el cierre de nueve canales de TDT - 20minutos.es". Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Galicia, La Voz de (7 April 2014). "¿Por qué van a desaparecer 9 canales de su televisor?". Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- País, Ediciones El (9 April 2014). "La Sexta 3, Xplora, Nitro, Nueve y La Siete echarán el cierre". Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Noticias, Programas TV, Series online. EL INTERMEDIO, SALVADOS, AL ROJO VIVO, MÁS VALE TARDE, ZAPEANDO, LASEXTA NOCHE". Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
|This article about a television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|