The station entrance in June 2009
|Location||6 Yakō, Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-ken 230-0001
|Operated by||JR East|
|Line(s)||■ Nambu Line|
|Distance||2.6 km from Kawasaki|
|Opened||9 March 1927|
|Passengers (FY2014)||17,837 daily|
Yakō Station has one side platform (platform 1) and one island platform (platform 2/3) serving a total three tracks, connected by a footbridge. Platform 1 for down (Tachikawa-bound) services is on the west side of the station, alongside the station building, and the up (Kawasaki-bound) platforms 2 and 3 are connected by a footbridge.
Stabling sidings lie adjacent to platform 3 on the east side of the station and also on the east side of the line south of the station.
|1||■ Nambu Line||for Musashi-Kosugi and Tachikawa|
|2/3||■ Nambu Line||for Kawasaki|
Platform 3 is normally used only by trains to Kawasaki starting here during the morning and evening peak hours.
|Rapid: Does not stop at this station}|
Yakō Station opened as a station on the Nambu Railway on March 9, 1927.
The station building was burnt down during the bombing in 1945, and was later rebuilt.
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 17,837 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Kawashima, Ryozo (18 March 2009). 日本の鉄道 東海道ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１巻 東京駅 － 横浜エリア [Railways of Japan - Tokaido Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 1 Tokyo - Yokohama area] (in Japanese). Japan: Kodansha. p. 52. ISBN 978-4-06-270011-5.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 65. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- Harada, Katsumasa (April 1999). 南武線いまむかし [Nambu Line - Then and Now] (in Japanese). Kawasaki: Tamagawa Shinbunsha. p. 97. ISBN 4-924882-28-3.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2014年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2014)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2001. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2006. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2011. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yakō Station.|
- JR East Station information (in Japanese)