Yalla, also spelled Yallah, is a common expression denoting "come on", "let's get going", or mostly meaning "hurry up". Originally an Egyptian Arabic slang (يلا/يللا/ياللا) composed of two parts Ya-lah meaning "Come on boy!", it good widely spread among the region due to its use in Egyptian movies and songs, it has also then been adopted in the Persian, Turkish, and Hebrew languages. Many Armenians (primarily those from MENA countries) also use the term.
Yalla may also refer to:
Entertainment and arts
- Yalla, a folk band from Uzbekistan
- Yalla, third solo album by UK musician Thomas White
- The Yalla Yallas, a UK based punk rock band
- "Yalla", a song by Inna for her self-titled album released in 2015
- "Yalla Asia", a theme song of the 2011 AFC Asian Cup by Jay Sean feat. Karl Wolf and Radhika Vekaria, produced and co-written by Max Herman
- "Yalla Chant", a song by Arab-Belgian singer Natacha Atlas
- "Yalla Habibi", a song by Lebanese-Canadian Karl Wolf
- "Yalla Ya Nasrallah", an Israeli song against Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah
- "Yalla", a song by Arash Labaf from his self-titled 2005 album Arash
- "Yalla", a song by Calogero from the album 3
- "Yalla Nerkoud", an official song of the 2007 Beirut Marathon
- "Yalla Yalla", a song by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros from the album Rock Art and the X-Ray Style and as an additional track on Calogero single "Face à la mer"
- "Yalla Yalla (Let's Go)", a song by Cracker from their album Sunrise in the Land of Milk and Honey
- "Yalla Balagan", a song by Israeli singer Dana International from the album HaKol Ze LeTova
- "Yalla Erhal Ya Bashar", or "Come On, Bashar, Leave", a 2011 protest song against Syrian president Bashar al-Assad
- "Jalla Dansa Sawa", 2013 song by Swedish-Persian singer Behrang Miri
- "Yalla Bye", a song by Israeli singer Ariel Horowitz on the 1998 album of the same name
Television and Film
- Jalla! Jalla! (English Yalla! Yalla!), a 2000 Swedish comedy film directed by Josef Fares
- On Showtime's Who Is America?, Sacha Baron Cohen plays Erran Morad, an Israeli terrorism expert, who begins each segment with, "Yalla, let's go."
- Yalla, a Montreal-based Canadian project between young Arabs and Jews for encouraging creative expression
- Yalla-y-Poora, a painting by Eugene von Guerard, now in the Joseph Brown Collection on display at the National Gallery of Victoria
- Yalla-y-Poora, a town in Shire of Ararat, Australia
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Yalla.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.