Yalla, with variants Yallah and Yala, is a common expression denoting "come on", "let's get going", and mostly meaning "hurry up" in the Arabic language. It comes from and is an abbreviation of the classical (traditional) Arabic phrase "Ya Allah" (in Arabic يا ألله) literally meaning "O God". The word yalla has a distinct meaning from Ya Allah, and the two are not to be confused as "Ya Allah" is a common expression for calling upon God in the Arabic language. It has also been adopted by the Persian language.
Yalla or Ya Allah may refer to
- Yalla-y-Poora, a town in Shire of Ararat, Australia
- "Yalla-y-Poora", a painting by Eugene von Guerard, now in the Joseph Brown Collection on display at the National Gallery of Victoria
Arts and entertainment
- www.yallaart.com - is an online global marketplace for arts and designed products created by Palestinian artists.
- Yalla (band), a folk band from Uzbekistan
- Yalla (journal), a Montreal-based Canadian project between young Arabs and Jews for encouraging creative expression
- Yalla (album), third solo album by UK musician Thomas White
- "Yalla (Inna song)", a song by Inna for her self-titled album released in 2015
- "Yalla Asia", a theme song of the 2011 AFC Asian Cup by Jay Sean feat. Karl Wolf and Radhika Vekaria Produced and Co Written by Max Herman
- "Yalla Chant", a song by Arab-Belgian singer Natacha Atlas
- "Yalla Habibi", a song by Lebanese-Canadian Karl Wolf
- "Yalla Ya Nasrallah", an Israeli song against Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah
- "Yalla", a song by Arash Labaf from his self-titled 2005 album Arash
- "Yalla", a song by Calogero from the album 3
- "Yalla Nerkoud", an official song of the 2007 Beirut Marathon
- "Yalla Yalla", a song by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros from the album Rock Art and the X-Ray Style and as an additional track on Calogero single "Face à la mer"
- "Yalla Yalla (Let's Go)", a song by Cracker from their album Sunrise in the Land of Milk and Honey
- "Yalla Balagan", a song by Israeli singer Dana International from the album "HaKol Ze LeTova"
- "Yalla Erhal Ya Bashar", or "Come On, Bashar, Leave", a 2011 protest song against Syrian president Bashar al-Assad
- "Jalla Dansa Sawa", 2013 song by Swedish-Persian singer Behrang Miri
- "Yalla Bye", a song by Israeli singer Ariel Horowitz on the 1998 album of the same name
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Yalla.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.