Year of the Solar System
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (June 2015)|
The Year of the Solar System is a NASA education/public outreach initiative. The year runs October 2010 until August 2012, a Martian year. For each month's topic there are resources for clubs, schools and the general public. The months/topics are:
- October 2010: The Journey Begins
- November 2010: Birth of Worlds
- Dec 2010/Jan 2011: A Family Affair
- February 2011: Small Bodies—Big Impacts
- March 2011: Ancient Astronomers/Modern Tools: Celebrating Sun-Earth Day
- April 2011: Water, Water, Everywhere!
- May 2011: Volcanism!
- June 2011: Impacts!
- July 2011: Rocks in Space
- August 2011: Windy Worlds
- September 2011: Gravity: It's What Keeps Us Together
- October 2011: Moons and Rings: Our Favorite Things
- November 2011: Magnetospheres: Planetary Shields
- Dec 2011/Jan 2012: Evolving Worlds
- February 2012: Far-Ranging Robots
- March 2012: Shadows of the Sun
- April 2012: Ice!
- May 2012: New Data, New Ideas
- Jun/Jul 2012: Got Life?
- August 2012: Discovering New Worlds
The Year of the Solar System is supported by NASA's Science Mission Directorate and its Planetary Science Division.