Yellow Springs News
|Owner(s)||Diane Chiddister and Robert Hasek|
|Headquarters||253-1/2 Xenia Ave. Yellow Springs, Ohio|
Today it is co-owned by editor Diane Chiddister, advertising manager Robert Hasek and designer Matt Minde.
Yellow Springs News runs columns on local news, lists of upcoming events, editorials, letters to the editor, classifieds, and obituaries. The back page is devoted to local sports. Other regular columns include:
- Poor Will's Almanac: a weekly essay written by local resident William Felker, followed by an overview of the week's seasonal markers and astronomical events
- Village Police Report: a summary of the week's police blotter
- Repeat Offenders: a paperback compilation of the most humorous or memorable items from the weekly police report.
- Yellow Springs Community Directory: a yearly publication of residential and business listings.
- Guide to Yellow Springs: a periodic supplement that highlights local events, attractions, and businesses.
The Osman C. Hooper Awards are distributed annually by the Ohio Newspaper Association. Yellow Springs News won the general excellence award for its division in 1985, 2006, and 2008. In 2009 it won first prize among all member weeklies for its editorial writing.
- (2008) Yellow Springs 2008 Community Directory, Yellow Springs News, Inc.
- Fleischman, John W. (1977). "The Yellow Springs 'News'". Alicia Patterson Foundation. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "'News' wins state awards". Yellow Springs News. 2009-02-26. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "'News' wins top newspaper prize". Yellow Springs News. 2008-03-13. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- Awards & Judges Reports (PDF). The Ohio Newspaper Association. 2009-02-12. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
|This article about an Ohio newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|