This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Imad Izemranie (m. 2007–2010)
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
Yfke Sturm (born 19 November 1981) is a Dutch model.
Life and career
Sturm was born on 19 November 1981 in Almere, Flevoland. She was discovered in 1997 in Almere, by an Elite Model Management scout. Shortly thereafter, she entered the Dutch Elite Model Look Contest. Winning this contest was followed by winning the 1997 International Elite Model Look Contest in Nice, France. Sturm was 15 years old at the time. After her win, she signed exclusive contracts with Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein. She has also modelled for Victoria's Secret.
In 2006, Sturm became the host of Holland's Next Top Model, the Dutch version of America's Next Top Model, which is shown on prime-time TV and is popular. After the second season of HNTM, she decided to focus on her career as a model, as it was difficult to combine the TV work with her successful modeling career. In 2011 she made a guest appearance on Holland's Next Top Model. In December 2016 she started working for Fox Netherlands as a presenter, starting with the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016, where she took backstage interviews.
Yfke's Model Secrets
Sturm is the co-author of the 2009 book Yfke's Model Secrets. It includes tips about exercise and diet and stories about the modeling industry.
In September 2015 Sturm was seriously injured when she fell off a surf jet off the island of Ischia and was sailed over by a boat. She was airlifted to the nearest hospital with a fractured skull and spinal fractures, and was placed in a medically induced coma.
- (2009) Yfke's Model Secrets with Martĳn van Stuyvenberg
- "Yfke Sturm". Models.com. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- Sophie Vereycken (13 January 2017). "Ex-Victoria's Secretmodel Yfke Sturm: 'Ik werd ontdekt in de Hema'". Het Laatste Nieuws (in Dutch).
- Raffaele Nespoli (3 September 2015). "Ischia, grave incidente per top model di Victoria's secret: è in rianimazione". Corriere del Mezzogiorno (in Italian).
- Tiare Dunlap (7 September 2015). "Victoria's Secret Model Wakes Up From Medically-Induced Coma After Surfing Accident in Italy". People.
- "Yfke Sturm aan de slag bij FOX". De Telegraaf (in Dutch). 8 December 2016. Archived from the original on 9 December 2016.
- "Topmodel Yfke Sturm presenteert Model Secrets". Boeken (blog) (in Dutch). 16 April 2009.
- "Yfke Sturm gaat scheiden". NU.nl (in Dutch). 13 July 2010.
- "Foto's: Yfke Sturm showt zoontje Alexander" (in Dutch). RTL Nieuws. 4 August 2015.
- Janene Pieters (4 September 2015). "Dutch supermodel run over by surf jet, in critical condition". NL Times.
- "Fotomodel Yfke Sturm zwaargewond na watersportongeluk" (in Dutch). Nederlandse Omroep Stichting. 4 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yfke Sturm.|