|Born||c. September 1959|
Lagos Island, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
Early life and education
Yinka, a descent of Igbomina-Owomeje, Kwara State, was born into a middle-class family in September 1959 in Lagos Island, Lagos State. He completed his primary school education and secondary school education at St. Catholic School, Idumagbo, Lagos and Christ High School, Ebute Elefun, Lagos respectively.
Yinka's acting career started in 1976 when he and Taiwo Olayinka along with a group of friends formed a drama group called Afopina Theatre Group after dropping out of school. He has starred in over 90 Yoruba films since his debut television series titled Agbodorogun. On April 27, 2014, Yinka launched his biography Yinka Quadri: Scent of a Legend and simultaneously celebrated his 36 years in the Nigerian film industry.
- This film-related list is incomplete; you can help by .
- Egbinrin Ote
- Odun Baku
- Bolode O'ku
- Èebúdolá Tèmi
- Ojo Idajo
- Niwoyi Ola
- Ilekun Olorun
Awards and nominations
|2007||3rd Africa Movie Academy Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Nominated|
|2010||2010 Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Indigenous Actor in a Lead Role (Yoruba)||Nominated|
|2012||2012 Nollywood Movies Awards||Best Actor in an Indigenous Movie (Non-English speaking language)||Nominated|
|2013||2013 Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Supporting Actor in a Yoruba film||Nominated|
|2014||2014 Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Actor in Leading Role (Yoruba)||Nominated|
- BUKOLA BAKARE. "Nnebue produced 27 Yoruba films before Living in Bondage - nigeriafilms.com". nigeriafilms.com. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- Alabi, Ajibade (10 May 2014). "Why I dropped out of school – Yinka Quadri". Newswatch Times. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Yinka Quadri: What people don't know about me and Ogogo". Per Second News. 29 April 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "ENCOMIUMS, AS YINKA QUADRI LAUNCHES BIOGRAPHY, CELEBRATES 36 YEARS ON STAGE". Ecomium Magazine. 12 May 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2016.