This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A study in rats concluded that Yizhi capsule (YZC) has an action of improving learning and memory disorder, and good protective effect on Aβ25–35 induced neurotoxicity in SD rats. Another study assessed the efficacy of Yizhi capsule (YZC) in treating senile dementia. The results showed that YZC could remarkably increase mini-mental state examination (MMSE) and Hamilton Depression Scale (HDS) marks of patients with vascular dementia. Moreover, YZC improved cerebral blood flow, brain electrical activity monitoring (BEAM) and hemorheological indexes especially for the abnormal case. Another study mentions that the raised score in the revised Hasegawa dementia scales (HDS) demonstrated that the effect of Yi Zhi Capsules (YZC) in treating loss of intellectual function after cerebrovascular diseases was significantly better than that of the drug Piracetam. The study concluded that the data indicate that YZC is a relatively good preparation for prevention of vascular dementia.
- http://www.wiki86.com/view/3819206.htm Retrieved 2013-03-19
- Hang-yu, Wu; Jiang-ping, Xu; Lin, Li; Bai-hua, Zhu (June 2006). "Effects of Yizhi Capsule on learning and memory disorder and β-amyloid peptide induced neurotoxicity in rats". Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine. 12 (2): 137–141. doi:10.1007/bf02857361. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- Chen, K; Chen, KJ; Zhou, WQ (Jul 1997). "[Clinical study of effect of yizhi capsule on senile vascular dementia]". Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 17 (7): 393–7. PMID 10322856.
- Xu, H; Shao, N; Cui, D; Hu, Z; Bi, J; Jiang, Q; Li, N (Mar 2000). "A clinical study of yi zhi capsules in prevention of vascular dementia". J Tradit Chin Med. 20 (1): 10–3. PMID 10921161.
- Wu T, Qingpu L, Zhenyong Y (2007). "Yizhi capsule for vascular dementia". Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2: CD005382. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD005382.pub2. PMID 17443586.