Ypsilanti Public School District
The Ypsilanti Public School District was a public school district in Ypsilanti Township, Michigan, and serving Ypsilanti. Its State of Michigan School District code was 81020. It merged with Willow Run Community Schools and formed Ypsilanti Community Schools in 2013.
In the 1940s officials from the federal government of the United States asked the Ypsilanti City School District to annex the Willow Run area, which included the Spencer School District. A referendum was held for voters in the Spencer School District, and Spencer voters rejected the measure on a 3-1 basis despite messages of support for the merger from the Spencer school district parent-teacher organization (PTA) and other area leaders. The Spencer district changed its name to the Willow Run district.
As of the 2006-2007 school year, the Ypsilanti district used the four-tier system composed of Pre-K/K, 1-5, 6-8, and 9-12 Grade Levels that it has used since the 1993-1994 school year. Prior to that, the district used a system composed of Pre-K/K, 1-6, 7-9, and 10-12 Grade Levels since the transition of Perry to a Pre-K/K building.
On June 8, 2009, the YPS school board unanimously passed a resolution to "discuss options for the consideration and sharing of services" with the Lincoln School District, which had passed a similar resolution. Board members also left open the option of incorporating the Willow Run School District into the talks at a future date.
On November 6, 2012, voters in both the Ypsilanti and Willow Run School Districts voted to consolidate the two districts. The two districts became one unified district, Ypsilanti Community Schools, on July 1, 2013. A unified school board, appointed by the Washtenaw Intermediate School District Board of Education, was formed to oversee the transition.
The final day of classes for YPS was Friday June 7, 2013.
- Perry Child Development Center
Elementary Schools (Grades 1-5)
- Adams Math and Science Academy (Closed at the end of 2015/2016 school year)
- Erickson Elementary School
- Estabrook Elementary School (Grades 2-8)
Middle Schools (Grades 6-8)
- Ypsilanti Middle School (formerly West Middle School)
- Washtenaw International Middle Academy (formerly East Middle School)
High School (Grades 9-12)
- Ypsilanti High School
- New Tech High School (formerly Ardis Elementary School)
- New Directions Alternative Education (formerly known as Fletcher Elementary School; named for Elizabeth Fletcher, mother of Harris Fletcher)
- Forest Avenue School
- Regional Career Technical Center (RCTC)
Former Schools (Currently closed)
- George Elementary School (most recently known as George Multiage Academy)
- Chapelle Community School (formerly Chapelle Elementary School) 
- Township Map (Map). Ypsilanti Township. Archived from the original (JPG) on November 9, 2005. Retrieved 22 Jun 2009. (Archive on webcitation)
- Home page. Ypsilanti Public School District. November 9, 2005. Retrieved on September 1, 2015. "1885 Packard Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48197"
- Peterson, Sarah Jo. Planning the Home Front: Building Bombers and Communities at Willow Run (Historical Studies of Urban America). University of Chicago Press, May 22, 2013. ISBN 022602542X, 9780226025421. p. 219.
- Cavanaugh, Jim (2009-06-09). "YPS, Lincoln agree to discuss service consolidation". Ypsilanti Citizen. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
Monday night, the Ypsilanti Board of Education passed a 7-0 resolution calling on YPS to “discuss options for the consideration and sharing of services” with the Lincoln Board of Education, which also passed a similar resolution...YPS Vice President Linda Horne inquired about the possibility of Willow Run joining in the talks.
- "What's next? Merger puts Ypsilanti-Willow Run school districts in 'uncharted territory'". Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- "Ypsilanti Community Schools to launch on Monday". Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- Shaw, Danny. "YPSILANTI-WILLOW RUN SCHOOLS: Martin, Lisiscki 'courageous' for unifying school districts". Ypsilanti Courier. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- Arndt, Danielle. "1 Ypsilanti board member, 2 Willow Run and 4 fresh faces picked to lead joint school district". The Ann Arbor News.
- Hoedl, Chelsea. "Students, staff reflect as Ypsilanti Public School District dismisses for final time" (Archived 2015-09-01 at WebCite). The Ann Arbor News. Friday June 7, 2013. Retrieved on September 1, 2015.
- Perkins, Tom. "Ypsilanti Public Schools Will Close Chapelle, East Middle". AnnArbor.com. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- Ypsilanti Public School District Website (Archive)