Yulia R. Gel is a professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Texas at Dallas and an adjunct professor in the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science of the University of Waterloo.
Gel earned her doctorate in mathematics at Saint Petersburg State University in Russia, under the supervision of Vladimir N. Fomin. After postdoctoral research at the University of Washington, she joined the Waterloo faculty in 2004, and moved to Dallas in 2014.
In 2014 she was elected as a Fellow of the American Statistical Association "for theoretical contributions to nonparametric aspects of spatiotemporal processes; for promoting the application of modern statistical methodologies in law, public policy, and the environmental sciences; and for championing the advancement of women and other under-represented groups in the mathematical and physical sciences."
- Mathematics faculty and research, UT Dallas, retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Yulia Gel". Statistics and Actuarial Science. University of Waterloo. 23 February 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- Yulia Gel at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Golbeck, Amanda L.; Olkin, Ingram; Gel, Yulia R., eds. (2015), "About the Editors", Leadership and Women in Statistics, CRC Press, ISBN 9781482236453.
- ASA Honors 63 New Fellows (PDF), American Statistical Association, June 11, 2014, retrieved 2016-07-11.