He holds a graduate engineering degree in Telecommunications and 2 Master of Sciences degrees (Microelectronics and Solid-State Physics) from the University of Grenoble, France. He has a Master of Business Administration from Insead, France. Mr. Marti speaks 6 languages : French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Classical Arabic.
He was a design engineer of military radars components and of Computer Aided Design software at Dassault Electronique (France), then Pacific Monolithics (Sunnyvale, California, USA), and visiting scientist at Hewlett Packard (Santa, Ana, California, USA). He then held sales, marketing and general management responsibilities with Lucas Industries (Birmingham, UK).
His work on modeling high frequency circuits received an award from the National Science Foundation, and he gave a course at the Master of Sciences level at the University of California, Berkeley in the USA. He also taught at HEC in France, and at the Fundação Dom Cabral in Brazil.
In 1992, he co-founded the French branch of the Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals, and served as its Secretary General for 6 years.
In 1994, he founded Egideria, a company specializing in competitive intelligence investigations, which was listed as one of the top French companies in the industry by the newsletter Intelligence Online in 2003, then in 2006, and by the daily newspaper Le Figaro in 2007.
Egideria’s investigations are based on innovative guidelines (the Ethical Bible), recognized by academia. Mr Marti developed innovative tools for strategic information analysis, especially in the context of mergers and acquisitions, which were applied during the takeover of the petroleum multinational Elf by Total
In 1996, Yves-Michel Marti co-authored the book L'Intelligence économique et concurrentielle : les yeux et les oreilles de l'entreprise which received the Best European Business Book Award from the Financial Times and Booz Allen Hamilton. Business Digest review considers it as a management classic.
In 1997 at the SCIP conference in San Diego, Mr Marti delivered the breakthrough and controversial communication What can one learn from the Intelligence System of the Roman Catholic Church?.
- Bruno Martinet, Yves-Michel Marti, ‘’L'intelligence économique : les yeux et les oreilles de l’entreprise’’, Éditions d'Organisation, 1996 new edition 2001,ISBN 978-2-7081-2511-7.
- Jean-Marie Lepeule and Yves-Michel Marti, ‘’Benchmarking et intelligence économique’’, Eurostaf, 1999, ISBN 2-907938-38-X.
- Collective book under the direction of Benjamin Gilad and Jan P. Herring, The Art and Science of Business Intelligence Analysis’’, JAI Press, 1996, ISBN 978-0-7623-0181-2.
- Collective book under the direction of Robert Soares, ‘’Gallium Arsenide MESFET Circuit Design’’, Artech House, 1988, ISBN 0-89006-267-6.
- Top 100 of Competittive Intelligence in France
- Le Figaro, classement des prestataires français en intelligence économique Archived July 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Ethics in Competitive Intelligence, University of Ottawa Archived March 1, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Egideria analyse l'OPE de TotalFina sur Elf, Consulting, Le mensuel international du conseil Archived July 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Unconventional tools for analysis and synthesis of information, SCIP Chicago 1998. SCIP Berlin 1998 Archived July 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Amazon : L'Intelligence économique et concurrentielle : les yeux et les oreilles de l'entreprise
- Amazon review of the book
- What can one learn from the Intelligence System of the Roman Catholic Church?, SCIP San Diego 1997, SCIP Vienna 1997 Archived July 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine