Screenshot of ZBar
0.23.1 / April 22, 2020
|Website||https://git.linuxtv.org/zbar.git (version 0.20+) / http://zbar.sourceforge.net/ (up to version 0.10)|
ZBar is an open-source C barcode reading library with C++, Python 2, Perl, and Ruby bindings. It is also implemented on Linux and Microsoft Windows as a command-line application, and as an iPhone application.
It was originally developed at SourceForge. As the latest official release (version 0.10) was in 2009-10-27, a fork was created in March, 2017, converting it to use qt5 and libv4l, improving it to better support the Video4Linux API version 2.
- Image scanning
- Real-time scanning of video streams
- C++, Python, Perl, and Ruby bindings
- Qt, GTK+, and PyGTK GUI bindings
- Recognition of EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, Code 128, Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5 and QR code symbologies
- "ZBar bar code reader: Files". Git.linuxtv.org. Retrieved 2020-10-19.
- "Support for both Python 2 and 3 is provided via PyZbar package". Pypi.org. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Brown, Jeff. "ZBar bar code reader". Zbar.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- "ZBar bar code reader – Download version 0.20 and upper". Linustv.org.
- "ZBar – Download older versions". Zbar.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Tyler, Joshua. "ZBar Brings Barcode And QR Code Scanning To Your Desktop". Lifehacker.com.au. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- Brown, Jeff. "ZBar bar code reader – iPhone". Zbar.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- "ZBar bar code reader - Browse /zbar at SourceForge". Sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- LinuxTV site where the latest version is available
- GitHub ZBar clone of the latest version
- Official site
|This free and open-source software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|