Screenshot of ZBar
0.20.1 / August 8, 2018
|Website||https://git.linuxtv.org/zbar.git (version 0.20+) / http://zbar.sourceforge.net/ (up to version 0.10)|
ZBar is an open-source C barcode reading library with C++, Python 2, Perl, and Ruby bindings. It is also implemented on Linux and Microsoft Windows as a command-line application, and as an iPhone application.
It was originally developed at Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/zbar/files/zbar/. As the latest official release (version 0.10) was in 2009-10-27, a fork was created in March, 2017, converting it to use qt5 and libv4l, improving it to better support the Video4Linux API version 2.
- Image scanning
- Real-time scanning of video streams
- C++, Python, Perl, and Ruby bindings
- Qt, GTK+, and PyGTK GUI bindings
- Recognition of EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, Code 128, Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5 and QR code symbologies
- "ZBar bar code reader: Files". Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "Support for both Python 2 and 3 is provided via PyZbar package". Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Brown, Jeff. "ZBar bar code reader". Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- "ZBar bar code reader – Download version 0.20 and upper".
- "ZBar – Download older versions". Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Tyler, Joshua. "ZBar Brings Barcode And QR Code Scanning To Your Desktop". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- Brown, Jeff. "ZBar bar code reader – iPhone". Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- LinuxTV site where the latest version is available
- GitHub ZBar clone of the latest version
- Official site
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|