|Full name||Sofiene Zaaboub|
|Date of birth||23 January 1983|
|Place of birth||Montereau-Fault-Yonne, France|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Left midfielder|
|2003–2004||→ A.S. Sora (loan)||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 27 December 2014 (UTC).
Sofiene Zaaboub (born 23 January 1983 in Montereau-Fault-Yonne) is a French-Algerian football player who currently plays for USM Annaba in the Algerian Ligue Professionnelle 1. He has become renowned for wearing gloves regardless of the weather conditions.
Zaaboub was Paul Sturrock's first signing as Town manager and signed on a short term deal in November 2006 after leaving FC Brussels, just a few days after Sturrock had arrived at the club. Prior to joining Swindon he had many trials at higher-level clubs – including Úbeda CF, Preston North End, Swansea City, Plymouth Argyle, Luton Town, Dundee and FC Metz, but his longest trial was at Sturrock's former club Sheffield Wednesday. He scored his first and what turned out to be only Swindon goal in a 2–1 win over Wrexham on 13 January 2007.
End of reign at the County Ground
Due to the reinforcement made to the Swindon Town side with the likes of Anthony McNamee running an un-touchable string of games on the left for the Robins, Zaaboub was deemed surplus to the requirements of the club. Unable to break into the first team, the 2006/07 fans´ favourite was told in March 2008 his contract would not be renewed and at the end of the season would be forced to find a new club.
Zaaboub completed a move to Walsall in July 2008 and became Walsall's fourth signing of the summer. He suffered injuries to his back and groin in the pre-season and was unable to break into the first team on his return. However, he resolved to keep up his fitness and try his best in training to gain a first team place, he did gain his place back with a number of superb displays down the left wing, he quickly became a favourite with the fans
On 7 July 2009, Walsall manager Chris Hutchings revealed that Zaaboub had left the club. Hutchings told the official website: ""I received a phone call late on Wednesday from Sofiene informing me that another club wanted to take him on a three-day trial. He was told that if he did not report for training as agreed his contract offer would be taken away as I only want people here who are committed to the club."
On 16 July 2010, Zaaboub signed a one-year contract Southend United. Zaaboub struggled for fitness and on 3 January 2011 had his contract cancelled by mutual consent after just three league appearances for The Shrimpers.
- "Quotes of the Week". BBC Sport. 4 October 2007.
- "Swindon 2–1 Wrexham". BBC. 13 January 2007. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- Jon Ritson (12 January 2007). "Sofi's aiming to be razor-sharp". Swindon Advertiser. Retrieved 12 January 2007.
- Nick, Pullen (4 June 2008). "Jimmy Mullen signs Sofiene Zaaboub". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 13 November 2008.
- "Sofienne Zaaboub looks to make up for lost time". Birmingham Mail. 7 November 2008. Retrieved 13 November 2008.
- "entente-setif.com - This website is for sale! - foot belhani s騁if setif alg駻ie algeria algerie sitifis setifinfo setif19 Resources and Information". www.entente-setif.com. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- Sofiene Zaaboub at Soccerbase