|Deputy Minister for Internal Affairs of Abkhazia|
2005 – 26 January 2009
|Died||26 January 2009
Life and career
Jugelia was a veteran of the 1992-1993 War in Abkhazia and he was a member of the veteran movement Amtsakhara. Jugelia was head of the Department for Combating Economic Crimes within the Abkhazian Ministry for Internal Affair before becoming Deputy Minister for Internal Affairs in 2005.
Jugelia was shot at 19:30 local time with a Winchester rifle while sitting on the verandah of the cafe Kiki in Sukhumi. Around 19:45 he was brought to the Sukhumi Republican Hospital with severe wounds to his neck and the left axillary region to which he then succumbed. Witnesses reported that a masked man had left his car and shot Jugelia from point-blank range in the back of his head.
- Since Jugelia was actively fighting against drug trafficking and corruption, it is possible that someone who was directly affected by this decided to remove him.
- The murder could have been committed by criminals in order to demonstrate the weakness of the law agencies, and to create a climate profitable for their activities.
- "Abkhaz Deputy Interior Minister Shot Dead". Civil Georgia. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 29 January 2009.
- "ГОВОРЯТ УЧАСТНИКИ КОНФЕРЕНЦИИ "ЕДИНОЙ АБХАЗИИ"". Apsnypress. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 29 January 2009.
- "В Абхазии убит замминистра внутренних дел Закан Джугелия". Caucasian Knot. 26 January 2009. Retrieved 1 February 2009.
- "Следствие рассматривает три версии убийства замминистра ВД Абхазии". Caucasian Knot. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 1 February 2009.
- "У ГЕНПРОКУРАТУРЫ ДВЕ ВЕРСИИ УБИЙСТВА ПЕРВОГО ЗАМЕСТИТЕЛЯ МИНИСТРА ВНУТРЕННИХ ДЕЛ ЗАКАНА ДЖУГЕЛИЯ". Apsnypress. 30 January 2009. Retrieved 1 February 2009.
- "СЛЕДСТВЕННАЯ ГРУППА ВЫДВИГАЕТ ТРИ ВЕРСИИ УБИЙСТВА ЗАМЕСТИТЕЛЯ МИНИСТРА ВНУТРЕННИХ ДЕЛ ЗАКАНА ДЖУГЕЛИЯ". Apsnypress. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 29 January 2009.
|This Abkhazian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|