Journal of Zoological Systematics and Evolutionary Research
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Zoolog. Syst. Evol. Res.|
|Discipline||Zoology and Evolutionary Biology|
|Language||English, German, French|
|Edited by||Wilfried Westheide|
Journal of Zoological Systematics and Evolutionary Research (Zeitschrift für Zoologische Systematik und Evolutionsforschung) is a quarterly, peer reviewed, scientific journal, published by Wiley-Blackwell. It was originally established in 1963, then reestablished in 1994 by John Wiley & Sons (some division of Blackwell). The Editor in Chief is Dr. Wilfried Westheide (Universität Osnabrück, Germany). According to Journal Citation Reports the 2009 impact factor for this journal is 1.85.
The focus of Journal of Zoological Systematics and Evolutionary Research is the systematic study of animal sciences, connected with evolutionary research. Its function is both as a forum and a survey for the range of evolutionary research studies and related fields, which is published in English, German or French. A component of the focus is integrating original research results from anatomy, morphology, physiology, ethology, general genetics, population genetics, developmental biology, and molecular biology. Besides original research articles (20 pages), this journal also publishes review articles, short communications, and letters to the editors. As a forum for discourse and the exchange of science, authors are encouraged to send in criticisms of previously published articles.
From March 1963 to June 1994 this journal was published as Zeitschrift für zoologische Systematik und Evolutionsforschung, published by Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft (Academic Publishers' Association), Frankfurt, Germany.
Abstracting and indexing
Journal of Zoological Systematics and Evolutionary Research is indexed in the following databases:
- AGRICOLA Database (National Agricultural Library)
- EBSCO : Academic Search, Current Abstracts, Academic Search Premier
- Elsevier : BIOBASE, Embiology, GEOBASE / Geographical & Geological Abstracts, Protozoological Abstracts, SCOPUS
- CSA Illumina : ASFA / Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts, Biological Sciences Database, Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database, Human Population & Natural Resource Management
- CABI : Global Health, CAB Direct, Index Veterinarius
- Web of Knowledge : Current Contents / Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences, Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, Journal Citation Reports, SciSearch, Science Citation Index, Zoological Record
- "Zeitschrift fur [sic] zoologische Systematik und Evolutionsforschung". Catalog listing - Bibliography ID 2303005. National Library of Australia. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Zeitschrift für zoologische Systematik und Evolutionsforschung". Bibliographic and historic information. Library of Congress. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Home page". Wiley-Blackwell. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Aims and scope, Abstracting and indexing". Wiley-Blackwell. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Author guidelines". Wiley-Blackwell. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Chronik, Über uns". Requires google translator for English. Akademische Arbeitsgemeinschaft Verlag. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
|Wikispecies has information related to: ISSN 0947-5745|