This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Adam Ierymenko (CEO)|
ZeroTier, Inc is a software company with a Freemium business model based in Irvine, California. ZeroTier provides open-source tools and commercial products in the SDWAN sector that enable developers, operators and security professionals to create and manage geographically-agnostic virtual data centers. The company's flagship product ZeroTier One is a Private peer-to-peer client that enables devices such as laptops, desktops, phones, embedded devices, cloud resources, and services to securely connect to virtual networks.
1.4.2 / August 12, 2019
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Linux on ARM|
|Type||SD-WAN, P2P, VPN|
|License||BSL (Free for personal use. Enterprise pricing available)|
The main product line consists of these following tools:
- ZeroTier One, first released in 2014, a portable client application that provides connectivity to public or private virtual networks.
- Central, a web-based UI portal for managing virtual networks.
- libzt (SDK), a linkable library that provides the functionality of ZeroTier One but that can be embedded in applications or services.
- LF (pronounced "aleph"), a fully decentralized fully replicated key/value store.
ZeroTier One can be considered a Social VPN or Friend-to-friend VPN, and can also be used for Site-to-Site applications. It uses STUN & hole punching to establish direct connections between peers behind NAT. Direct connection are made with the help of a global network of root servers via a mechanism similar to ICE in WebRTC. Virtual networks are managed via a centralized web-based UI (called ZeroTier Central).
- Asymmetric public key encryption is Curve25519, a 256-bit elliptic curve variant.
- Every VL1 packet is encrypted end to end using (as of the current version) 256-bit Salsa20 and authenticated using the Poly1305 message authentication (MAC) algorithm. MAC is computed after encryption (encrypt-then-MAC) and the cipher/MAC composition used is identical to the NaCl reference implementation.
ZeroTier One is available on multiple platforms and in multiple forms:
- Windows OS installer (.msi)
- Apple Macintosh (.pkg)
- iOS for iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Linux source code on GitHub
- Linux binaries (DEB & RPM)
- Linux library (.lib)
- Android App on Google Play
- Qnap (.qpkg)
- Synology packages (.spk)
- Western Digital MyCloud NAS EX2, EX4, EX2 Ultra (.bin)
- FreeBSD has a port and a package
- OpenWRT has a community maintained port on GitHub
- GBridge  is a discontinued free software for Windows XP, a P2P bridging software with XMPP signaling (Google Hangouts)
- Wippien  is free P2P VPN with Jabber/XMPP signaling software for Windows OS
- P2PVPN  is an opensource project
- IPOP is an opensource project
- GNUnet is an opensource software framework for decentralized, peer-to-peer networking and an official GNU package
- pwnat  is a Linux utility decentralized which utilizing ICMP to ICMP packet encapsulation technique Researched and developed by Samy Kamkar in 2010
- Redecentralize Talk
- "ZeroTier One 1.4.2 Release Notes"
- ZeroTier Docker container page
- ZeroTier GitHub page
- ZeroTier One Google Play Store page
- GBridge description page
- Wippien Official web site
- P2PVPN Download Page on SourceForge
- Download and Manual Page for pwnat on Samy Kamkar's personal Blog