Zhongshan Station Line 2 platform
|Location||No.16, Nanjing W. Rd
Zhongshan and Datong, Taipei
|Opened||March 28, 1997|
|Passengers||61,926 daily (2011)
(Ranked 9th of 89)
The Taipei Metro Zhongshan Station (Chinese: 中山站; pinyin: Zhōngshān Zhàn) is a station on the Tamsui Line, located on the border of Zhongshan and Datong districts, Taipei, Taiwan. It is a transfer station between the Tamsui Line and Songshan Line. The station opened on March 28, 1997 for traffic on the Tamsui Line, and Songshan Line services opened on November 15, 2014. It is located in the middle of the underground Zhongshan Metro Mall.
The station is an underground structure with an island platform and four exits when Tamsui Line opened. It is located at the intersection of Nanjing West Rd. and the Metro Park (near Chengde Rd. and Zhongshan North Rd.). It is also a transfer station with the Songshan Line.
The Songshan Line station added two additional exits and renovated two existing exits. The station is a four-level, underground station. The Songshan Line station is 26 m (85 ft) deep and 176 m (577 ft) long and 23 m (75 ft) meters wide.
Note: Exit 4 was recently reconstructed with transparent, self-cleaning glass to better integrate with nearby department stores. The new Songshan Line station has a theme of "Happy Transit".
- 28 March 1997: Opened for service with the opening of the segment from Tamsui to Zhongshan.
- 25 December 1997: The Tamsui Line extended south from the current station to Taipei Main Station.
- 15 November 2014: Songshan Line opened for services.
- 20 July 2015: Random knife attack injuring four.
|Street Level||Entrance/Exit||Entrance/Exit, Metro Park|
|B1||Lobby||Lobby, information desk, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates|
|Zhongshan Art Corridor, Zhongshan Metro Mall (south side of station)
Restroms (inside mall)
|B2||Platform 1||← Line 2 toward Tamsui/ Beitou (Shuanglian)|
|Platform 2||→ Line 2 toward Xiangshan/ Daan (Taipei Main Station) →|
|B3||Passage Level||Escalators, elevators to Concourse and Platform levels|
|B4||Platform 3||← Line 3 toward Songshan (Songjiang Nanjing)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 4||→ Line 3 toward Xindian/ Taipower Building (Beimen) →|
- Exit 1: Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Department Store No. 2
- Exit 2: Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Department Store Benguan
- Exit 3: Zhongshan N. Rd. Sec. 2
- Exit 4: Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Department Store No.3
- Exit 5: Chifeng St.
- Exit 6: Chengde Rd. Sec. 1
Other metro services
Around the station
- Chien-Cheng Circle
- Jancheng Junior High School.
- Zhongshan Metro Mall
- Shiatzy Chen Zhongshan Flagship Store
- Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Department Stores
- Zhongshan Market
- Taipei Public Library (Changan Branch)
- Museum of Contemporary Art Taipei
- Rixin Elementary School
- Jiancheng Park
- Ministry of Labor
- Tianma Tea House
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhongshan Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Route Map: Zhongshan". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Archived from the original on August 8, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- "捷運系統松山線簡介" (PDF). Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2006-12-01. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
- "整潔、明亮、透視度最佳的出入口 捷運中山站4號出入口". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2009-05-01. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "Jancheng Junior High School". Taipei Municipal Jan Cheng Junior High School. 2002-05-01. Archived from the original on January 7, 2009. Retrieved 2008-06-16.
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|