Zoffany (American horse)
|Dam||Grey Dawn Girl|
|Foaled||May 14, 1980|
|Breeder||Carpinelli & Henwood Brothers|
|Owner||A. & J. Bodie/A. Speelman|
|Feilden Stakes (1983)|
Hollywood Turf Cup (1985)
Sunset Handicap (1986)
San Luis Rey Handicap (1987)
|Timeform rating 119 in 1983|
Zoffany (1980–1998) was an American-bred Thoroughbred racehorse. Bred in New Jersey, he was large bay horse with a narrow white blaze. Zoffany was first sent to be trained in Britain by Guy Harwood where he won three times from nine starts in 1982 and 1983. He ran in the 1983 Epsom Derby finishing twentieth of the twenty-one runners behind Teenoso. At the end of his three-year-old season he has exported to the United States and was trained in California by John Gosden. He won the Hollywood Turf Cup in 1985 and the San Luis Rey Handicap in 1987. After his retirement from racing he was exported to stand as a stallion in Australia, where he died in 1998.
- "Zoffany pedigree". equineline.com. 2012-05-08. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Timeform (1984). Racehorses of 1983. Timeform. ISBN 0-900599-40-5.
- "Zoffany Captures Hollywood Turf". Associated Press. December 9, 1985. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- Christine, Bill (March 30, 1987). "Zoffany Sticks His Neck Out : Seven-Year-Old Wins On Way to Retirement". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "Zoffany". Racing Post. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Zoffany Horse Pedigree at Pedigree Online Thoroughbred Database