|Original author(s)||Nasca Octavian Paul|
|Developer(s)||Mark McCurry, Harald Hvaal|
|Initial release||September 25, 2002|
3.0.1 / November 29, 2016
|Operating system||BSD, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
ZynAddSubFX (also now called Zyn-Fusion) is a free open source software synthesizer for Linux, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. As of version 3, the completely new user interface is being released under proprietary terms with an open-source-eventually intention while the synthesis engine remains under the original GPL terms.
For sound generation it has three hybrid synth engines that combine additive, subtractive, Fourier and other synthesis methods. No external samples are used to produce the sound; everything is done by synthesis. The synthesizer has effects like reverberation, echo, chorus, distortion, equalization and others, and supports microtonal tunings.
The original author of ZynAddSubFX is Romanian programmer Nasca Octavian Paul. The project was started in March 2002 and the first public version (1.0.0) was released on September 25, 2002. Since 2009, the new maintainer is Mark McCurry.
ZynAddSubFX combines several different methods of audio synthesis in order to create sounds: additive synthesis by the ADSynth engine, subtractive synthesis by the SUBSynth engine, and an original algorithm used to generate wavetables in the PADSynth engine.
Music made with ZynAddSubFX
ZynAddSubFX was featured in the KVR One-Synth-Challenge contest.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 23, 2014. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- ZynAddSubFX home page
- Paul Nasca
- ZynAddSubFX VST Download page
- ZynAddSubFX support
- Listing contains ZynAddSubFX
- Program description, reviews and user generated sound patchs
- Ubuntu's information page about program package as distributed by Ubuntu Linux
- User review with screenshots and overview of functions as well as audio samples
- A tutorial for using ZynAddSubFX
- In depth user manual based on the original with annotations, corrections and current (2.4.1 release) screen snapshots
- Drum sounds in ZynAddSubFX
- KVR One-Synth-Challenge entries for ZynAddSubFX