Zziwa Kennedy Katebalirwe
|Alma mater||Makerere University|
Zziwa Kennedy was born on 19 May 1987 in Ibanda, Wakiso district. He attended Kampala Nursery School (1991–1993), Buganda Road P/S (1994–2000), and Lubiri S.S. At Makerere University, he attained a bachelor's degree in Computer Science (2007–2011).
In 1998, Kennedy started acting with the Ebonies drama actors. He featured in many of the popular group's TV series including Diamond ring, Bibawo, and That’s Life Mwatu, Kitobero Alacat.
His work in the hairdressing industry started in 2010, when he enrolled at the Tina Bchool of beauty in Kampala. After a short stint at the school, he went on to open his first salon, a makeshift structure, in Gayaza. This was opened using a little savings from his college days.
In Uganda, he has worked with major celebrities and public figures, including Winnie Byanyima, Iryn Namubiru, Judith Heard, Jose Chameleone, Bebecool, Leila Kayondo, Brian Ahumuza, Kim Swagga, South African Designer David Tlale, Ghana's Deborah Vanessa, Miss Vimbai, Juliana Kanyomozi, Vera Sidika, Deedan Rema Namakula, Princess Nassolo of Buganda, Nancy Kacungira and Seanice Kacungira.
He has launched a line of human hair extensions and hair growth accelerator products.
Kennedy has received numerous recognitions and awards both in Uganda and abroad. He has appeared in Beijing Kids magazine. His awards include the following: Best Urban hairstylist in Beijing (2015), Best African Hairstylist (2013), and Hairstylist of the Year (ASFAS 2016).
- "The stylists behind our celebs' fashion – Sqoop – Its deep". Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- "Inside Hair By Zziwa opening party". fashion256. 2016-05-24. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- Urban TV Uganda (2016-03-08), Fashionista: Hair Styling with Zziwa, retrieved 2017-01-21
- Eupal, Felix (2016-05-23). "Uganda: Hair By Zziwa Salon Launches". The Observer (Kampala). Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- Wini, Aya Princy (2016-05-05). "Q&A with Hair Guru ZZIWA!". MemoirsofaPrincess. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- Urban TV Uganda (2016-05-27), Backstage Pass: Hair by Zziwa, retrieved 2017-01-21
- "Zziwa Hair Studio takes Kampala by a storm". www.showbizuganda.com. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- "FABULOUS STYLE AND ELEGANCE AT THE HAIR BY ZZIWA STUDIO LAUNCH". missamarachi.blogspot.ug. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- "Winnie Byanyima can't stop gushing about Hair by Zziwa on twitter". Pearl Vibe. 2017-01-05. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- "Zziwa Hair Saloon Launch". Crystal Models Africa. 2016-05-26. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- "Official list of the winners at the Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards 2016 - Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards". Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards. 2016-12-10. Retrieved 2017-01-21.