Charity Gaye Finnestad
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Charity Gaye Finnestad (born June 30, 1973) is an American author known for the blog she kept from April 2007 to April 2008, which documented her adventures living and dating in Hollywood, called Hollywood in Heels. The blog was subsequently turned into a book by the same name. Hollywood in Heels was released digitally in April 2012 and published in hardcover on September 13, 2013.
Early life and education
Finnestad was born on June 30, 1973 in Bellingham, Washington to Chris and Betty Finnestad. Growing up, she moved with her family to Omaha, Nebraska, Seattle, Washington, British Columbia, Greely, Colorado, and finally landed in Sisters, Oregon where she attended junior high and high school. In 1994 Finnestad graduated summa cum laude from Eugene Bible College (now New Hope Christian College) with a degree in religion and education. She is the oldest of four children.
In 2002, Finnestad moved to Los Angeles to write professionally. On January 8, 2008 in San Francisco, Finnestad married Robert Henry Kondrk. Kondrk is VP of Content for Apple's iTunes. The couple currently lives in the Hollywood Hills with their young sons Talbot and Theo Kondrk.
When Finnestad finished college, she spent several years modeling and doing odd jobs. Her blog Hollywood in Heels (published from April 2007- April 2008) was her first public foray into writing. She later wrote the book version of Hollywood in Heels. In April 2012 the digital release of Hollywood in Heels was noted by Perez Hilton, Life and Style magazine, and Nylon). SkyHorse Publishing will release it in hardcover format on September 13, 2013.
- Gaye Finnestad, Charity. "Hollywood in Heels". Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Extra! TV". 16 September 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Benz, Kate (27 August 2013). "So Many Questions: 'Hollywood in Heels' author Charity Gaye Finnestad learned about life, illusion". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Peoples, Glenn. "Billboard Power 100". Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Kelley, Jocelyn (19 August 2013). "Author Interview with Hollywood Insider Charity Gaye Finnestad". Huffington Post. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Marr, Maddy. "Hot Stuff Celebrities Love". Miami Herald. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Hilton, Perez. "Read this book: Hollywood in Heels". Retrieved 20 September 2013.