1100s BC (decade)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1100 BC)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2009)|
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||13th century BC – 12th century BC – 11th century BC|
|Decades:||1130s BC 1120s BC 1110s BC – 1100s BC – 1090s BC 1080s BC 1070s BC|
|Years:||1109 BC 1108 BC 1107 BC 1106 BC 1105 BC 1104 BC 1103 BC 1102 BC 1101 BC 1100 BC|
Events and trends
- 1104 BC—Foundation of Cadiz, Spain.
- 1100 BC—Tiglath-Pileser I of Assyria conquers the Hittites.
- c. 1100 BC—The Dorians invade Ancient Greece.
- c. 1100 BC—Mycenaean era ends with the destruction of that civilisation. The collapse of Mycenaean dominance starts.
- c. 1100 BC—Late Minoan culture ends.
- c. 1100 BC—Greek Dark Ages begin.
- c. 1100 BC—Beginning of the proto-Villanovan culture in northern Italy.
- c. 1100 BC—The New Kingdom in Egypt comes to an end.
- c. 1100 BC—Shang Dynasty ends in China.
- c. 1102 BC—Maya Calendar counts time from this point.