1st Signal Brigade (United Kingdom)
|1st Signal Brigade|
1st Signal Brigade Formation Sign
|Active||ca. 1994 – present|
|Part of||Force Troops Command|
|Garrison/HQ||Rhine Garrison, Germany|
1st (United Kingdom) Signal Brigade is based in Gloucester and commands, prepares and generates forces which are held at high states of readiness to support current and future military operations all over the world. The Brigade delivers robust and resilient Command Support, Communications Information Systems and Real Life Support to formations including the NATO Allied Rapid Reaction Corps (ARRC), the Joint Rapid Reaction Force, the Vanguard Aviation Force, the Air Assault Task Force and the Vanguard Field Hospital.
Under Army 2020, 1st (United Kingdom) Signal Brigade was reorganized into four specialist units, some of which are equipped with some of the most up to date communications technology in the British Army. Each unit is trained to carry out a unique and challenging role in support of the overall brigade mission and is prepared to deploy at short notice anywhere in the world.
- 22nd Signal Regiment, based in Stafford and Innsworth, deliver Information Communication Systems to the NATO Allied Rapid Reaction Corps Headquarters at their permanent base in Gloucester and when deployed on exercises or operations overseas anywhere across the globe.
- ARRC Support Battalion, based in Innsworth, provide a bespoke and resilient staff working environment which can be deployed anywhere in the world at short notice to allow the NATO Allied Rapid Reaction Corps Headquarters to carry out their command role in any type of armed conflict. The Battalion also provides the crucial real life support and protection that enables the headquarters to focus on its role.
- 30th Signal Regiment, based in Bramcote, is a busy, high readiness unit that provides bespoke communications support to the Joint Rapid Reaction Force, Vanguard Aviation Force, Air Assault Task Force, Vanguard Field Hospital and Allied Rapid Reaction Force Headquarters. The Regiment has small specialist teams prepared to deploy to trouble spots worldwide at a moment's notice to provide communications for military planners and liaison staff. 30th Signal Regiment also forms the headquarters for the Queen's Gurkha Signals.
- 299 Signal Squadron (Special Communications), which is a small specialist unit that provides communications and command support direct to Foreign and Commonwealth Office overseas.
- "Army 2020 Report" (PDF). Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- HQ 1 Signal Brigade homepage at www.army.mod.uk
- 1 (UK) Signal Brigade at www./alliedrapidreactioncorps
|This article about a specific British military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|