2011 Armor All Gold Coast 600
The 2011 Armor All Gold Coast 600 was a motor race for the Australian sedan-based V8 Supercars racing cars. It was the eleventh event of the 2011 International V8 Supercars Championship. It was held on the weekend of 21 to 23 October at the Surfers Paradise Street Circuit in Surfers Paradise, Queensland. It was the tenth V8 Supercar championship event held at the circuit and the third running of the Gold Coast 600.
The event hosted races 21 and 22 of the 2011 season. As in 2010, a single 102 lap, 300-kilometre race was held on Saturday and Sunday. Qualifying for Race 21 consisted of a 20 minute, all-in session with the fastest ten progressing to the top ten shootout. Qualifying for Race 22 was a single 20 minute, all-in session. Each team was required to employ a driver with an 'international reputation' for the event, with one driver needing to complete a minimum of 34 laps in each race.
Many international drivers came from the IndyCar Series, Formula One and Sports Car racing. A restriction was put in place preventing international drivers who competed in the L&H 500 and the Bathurst 1000 from taking part. However, due to the untimely death of Dan Wheldon a week prior to the event, this restriction was lifted to accommodate drivers who could not participate due to the accident. The International Drivers Trophy was renamed in Wheldon's honor. The winner of this was French Indycar and Sportscar driver Sébastien Bourdais.
Dan Wheldon Trophy Points
|1||88||Sébastien Bourdais||Triple Eight Race Engineering||288|
|2||5||Richard Lyons||Ford Performance Racing||279|
|3||11||Oliver Gavin||Kelly Racing||222|
|4||33||Simon Pagenaud||Garry Rogers Motorsport||207|
|5||15||Jörg Bergmeister||Kelly Racing||207|
- After 22 of 28 races.
|1||88||Jamie Whincup||Triple Eight Race Engineering||2517|
|2||888||Craig Lowndes||Triple Eight Race Engineering||2374|
|3||9||Shane Van Gisbergen||Stone Brothers Racing||2009|
|4||5||Mark Winterbottom||Ford Performance Racing||1966|
|5||2||Garth Tander||Holden Racing Team||1956|
- "The Race-Track Map". GoldCoast600.com.au.
- "Surfers Paradise Street Circuit 23/10/2011 - Armor All Gold Coast 600 - V8 Supercars Races 21 & 22". National Software. 23 October 2011. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?23/10/2011.SPSC.R7 Armor All Gold Coast 600 - V8 Supercars Races 21 & 22 Surfers Paradise Street Circuit V8 Supercars - Race 21
- http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?23/10/2011.SPSC.R14 Armor All Gold Coast 600 - V8 Supercars Races 21 & 22 Surfers Paradise Street Circuit V8 Supercars - Race 22
- http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?23/10/2011.SPSC.V8S.S Armor All Gold Coast 600 - V8 Supercars Races 21 & 22 Surfers Paradise Street Circuit V8 Supercars - Race 22 Series Points Report
2011 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
|2011 V8 Supercar Championship Series||Next race:
2011 Falken Tasmania Challenge
2010 Armor All Gold Coast 600
|Gold Coast 600||Next year:
2012 Armor All Gold Coast 600